Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- FBI investigates celebrities’ nude photo claims
- Surveillance video in Wal-Mart police killing sought
- Perry distances himself from unflattering image tweeted of DA
- Ferguson police begin wearing body cameras
- Anti-abortion law in effect in Louisiana, with a caveat
- New heart failure drug works much better than current treatment, study finds
- Texas GOP lawmaker calls for end to 40-year crude oil export ban
- U.S. to get base in Niger to aid Islamist hunt
- Cleveland welcomes server farms
- President’s Labor Day appearance heavy on politicking