Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grand jury to hear evidence in Missouri shooting
- Health care data breaches hit 30M patients and counting
- Scathing report says college trustees fail in mission
- ISIS beheads American
- NRA’s ad campaign targets Bloomberg’s push to unify advocates of gun control
- Monsoon rains wreak havoc in Arizona
- Ex-Va. first lady sought credit for loan, sister-in-law says
- Ferguson pledges outreach
- Daughter held in Bali slaying abused mother, files show
- Agency makes high-tech push to improve military vehicles
- Simple changes — nicotine drug, phone calls for reassurance — found to help more smokers stop