Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest
- 3-mile buffer suggested for grouse breeding, oil and gas drilling
- Locavore movement takes to deer hunting across country
- U.S. to arm Iraq’s Sunni tribesmen
- Former nuke commander linked to fake poker chips
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo
- U.S. releases ‘forever prisoner’ from Gitmo
- Man sets house fire, kills deputy
- New nuke carrier will arrive late, incomplete
- Ferguson, Mo., grand jury to meet Monday, decide on possible indictment of police officer
- Former Pa. state worker charged with stealing 610 helmets