Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Annapolis Marine capain could be 1st to perform as part of Blue Angels team
- Obama wants to end U.S. companies skirting tax laws by merging with overseas entities
- Pope to visit Philly next year
- After 40 years, Wyo. fossil trove to get another look
- Russia firing into Ukraine, U.S. intel finds
- White House, senators close on bill to end NSA spying
- Tornado slams Virginia campground, killing 2
- Psychiatrist returns fire in hospital shooting; caseworker killed in gunplay
- Mont. senator’s thesis appears to have been plagarized
- Outcry saves rare albino-mix redwood in Calif.
- House panel votes to sue Obama over health law implementation