Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman after raid at home
- At least 5 kids got wrong immunizations at New Jersey clinic
- ‘Billionaires’ Beach’ in Calif. opens to the public
- Mexican illegal held on $5M bail in killing
- Painkillers tied to increased heroin use, addiction
- Appeals court upholds ban on federal contractors’ donations
- Senators quiz military chiefs, criticize U.S. fight against Islamic State
- S.C. Senate gives final OK to Confederate flag removal
- Two killed when F-16, small plane crash; jet pilot safe
- 2 killed in midair collision over South Carolina when fighter jet slams into Cessna
- Army plans to cut 40,000 soldiers in 2 years