Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coast Guard to seek billions to protect Arctic interests
- 8 arrested in post-game riots in Morgantown
- 4 private security guards convicted
- Coburn’s final ‘Wastebook’ tallies $25B in what he considers ‘pork’
- Academic scandal at University of North Carolina bigger than previously reported
- Man caught jumping White House fence
- Ferguson slaying of Brown reconstructed in county autopsy
- Immigration work permits could rise under contract
- Personal use of Secret Service agents on staffer’s behalf draws investigaton
- Security at Capitol questioned
- Captive freed by North Korea enjoys tearful reunion in Ohio