Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New York farmers lament lost opportunity for natural gas riches with fracking ban
- Georgia prosecutor Yates tapped for No. 2 post in Justice Department
- Coal mines near record low in worker deaths
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- Government survey: More teens trying out e-cigarettes than real thing
- Police: NYC cop killer invited people to watch shooting
- Florida officer slain; 1 charged
- WikiLeaks releases purported CIA documents on operatives’ travel
- Veteran NBC newsman Brokaw says his cancer is in remission
- New York City subways slowly upgrading from 1930s-era technology
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch