Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fetal parts in Planned Parenthood lab shown in 4th video
- Only 1 co-op health program, of 23, made money in 2014, report says
- Feds eye use of federal dollars for ads for for-profit colleges
- VA whistle-blowers aghast
- Christian college in Illinois to stop providing health care over Obamacare
- Geological gem The Wave on Arizona-Utah border draws worldwide visitors
- OSU band song mocked Holocaust victims
- Defense memo reveals plan to protect transgender troops
- Highway bill on Obama’s desk extends funding 3 months
- Piece of plant found on island on way to France for analysis
- Defense chief approves arming more troops at soft sites