Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Poll finds most Americans want health insurance subsidies restored if Supreme Court votes against Obamacare provision
- N.D. didn’t inspect pipe before rupture
- Ancient Israeli skull hard proof of migration
- Police to Waze: Not so fast on cop tracker, which they say makes it harder to catch speeders
- Girl’s fatal shooting by Denver officers prompts review of policy
- Federal Highway Trust Fund running on empty
- Deadly fire in Maryland started in faulty electrical outlet, spread to Christmas tree
- Number of children on food stamps hits 6-year high
- Prosecutors fight new try to relocate Boston trial
- Treasure hunter accused of swindling investors captured
- Arkansas rejects proposal to celebrate Gen. Lee, MLK on different days