Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Survivor: Oregon college gunman spared 1 to give police a message
- Oregon college gunman’s victims walked varied paths
- Federal agency that protects whistleblowers slapped for going after one of its own
- Texas governor asks for help at border
- Oregon shooter a lonely youth with grudge against religion
- Defense spending bill passes House
- California vineyards skip irrigation amid drought
- Investigator questions VA discipline of whistle-blowers
- Shell backtracks on Arctic oil drilling
- Details of ex-House Speaker Hastert’s misconduct could stay secret in hush money case plea deal
- Oregon’s legal pot sales to begin with party