Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- House demands details of Taliban detainees swap for Bergdahl
- Florida fraternity members spit on disabled veterans at retreat
- Study a surprise: Commercial bees unfazed by pesticides
- Magma chamber spied under Yellowstone volcano
- 15 buffalo that escaped from farm killed in upstate N.Y.
- ‘Organic’ tag on water-raised produce raises ire
- Hostility at VA lingers, panel told
- Unhappiness over plan to unfreeze billions in oil revenue for Iran threatens nuclear bill in Senate
- House panel OKs fast-track trade bill
- Residents guide geese out of town
- Administration turns up heat on Medicaid expansion