Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WWII pilot takes off in B-29 yet again
- Cafeteria worker tried to stop Washington school shooter
- Philadelphia Mafia figure returned to prison for meeting friend
- Test confirms remains are missing Virginia student’s
- 1686 shipwreck ‘like dinosaur’ being rebuilt for museum
- Seattle area school homecoming ‘prince’ guns down classmates
- U.S. rules out apology to Pyongyang in exchange for 2 imprisoned Americans
- Warhol bodyguard sued over hidden artwork
- 2 California deputies slain, suspect captured
- Doctor 1st Ebola virus case in New York City
- Washington city takes stock of damage from rare tornado