Car hits deer, which flies into jogger
Krystine Rivera, an administrative analyst, had a bad day at work on Thursday and was waffling about whether to head out for a 7-mile run. She decided to go for it.
And then her day, the 27-year-old says, “got astronomically worse.”
Rivera was jogging on a path in northern Virginia about 6 p.m. when a 71-year-old woman in a Toyota sport utility vehicle hit a deer.
The airborne buck flew into Rivera, who remembers running one minute and coming to in an ambulance as a paramedic told her he needed to cut away one of her favorite running shirts “because it had deer blood all over it.”
The buck stopped there. It died at the scene.
The driver was treated and released from the hospital that evening, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Worries mount of unleashed ‘Taliban 5’
- Defense chief says U.S. can fly over South China Sea
- Nebraska lawmakers ban death penalty
- Lawyer argues in New York court that chimpanzees have same rights as humans
- Army lab sent at least 1 live batch of anthrax
- Cleanup begins from deadly flooding in Texas amid continuing rain
- IRS believes identity thieves are from Russia
- Fossils point to relative of ‘Lucy’ species
- Growth potential remains for online gambling
- Administration finalizes, defends broader regulations under Clean Water Act
- Dems tell DHS to end family detention