Mother says husband killed son out of 'sick' spite
The mother of a 3-year-old thrown to his death by his father from a 52-story Manhattan apartment building said her estranged husband acted out of spite in a “sick way.”
Reportedly upset by a messy divorce, Dmitriy Kanarikov, 35, of Brooklyn threw his son Kirill from the rooftop on Sunday, then jumped to his own death.
In a statement released Monday night, the mother, Svetlana Kanarikov, said the family was ripped apart after an incident of domestic abuse. Even though her husband had never done anything violent against their son, she said she was worried.
“He said he would take the child away,” Kanarikov said. “This was his sick way to take Kirill away from me.”
The couple had been married four years and separated in August.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Law enforcement, intelligence agencies want to ‘like’ you on social media
- Senator Paul plots ways to draw minorities to GOP
- Carjacked SUV hits crowd in Philadelphia, killing 3 siblings
- Sheriff doubles to 300 estimate of homes wracked by fire in Washington
- Data on impact of Colo. gun law, background checks questioned
- Russia stacking troops at border, U.S. claims
- Radar captures mayfly swarm on Mississippi
- New Jersey siblings split $20M lottery prize
- Annapolis Marine capain could be 1st to perform as part of Blue Angels team
- Pope to visit Philly next year
- Court upholds Fla.’s ‘Docs vs. Glocks’