Gay actress Page tells of pain secret caused
Ellen Page, who won the hearts of moviegoers as the pregnant teenager in the 2007 film “Juno,” told a Las Vegas audience on Friday, “I'm here today because I am gay.”
The actress was speaking to a conference of counselors who work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teenagers.
Page, 26, said she suffered for years while afraid to come out. “I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of all that pain,” she said.
She received an Oscar nomination for her performance in “Juno.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chicago mayor fires police chief in wake of video release
- New Navy destroyer Zumwalt’s seaworthiness questioned before sea trials
- Defense chief: U.S. expanding special operations force in Iraq
- Police shooting of black teen cited in University of Chicago threat
- Suspect in Colorado clinic attack Dear makes court appearance
- New York City’s salt warning rule to take effect at chain restaurants
- Cleveland panel OKs lakefront Superman statue
- Storm dumps snow on Northern Plains
- ‘Homeland’ to hair: Emails peek into Hillary Clinton’s personal life
- House may move quickly to overhaul visa waiver program
- Ex-speaker, once a major powerbroker, convicted in N.Y.