Gay actress Page tells of pain secret caused
Ellen Page, who won the hearts of moviegoers as the pregnant teenager in the 2007 film “Juno,” told a Las Vegas audience on Friday, “I'm here today because I am gay.”
The actress was speaking to a conference of counselors who work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teenagers.
Page, 26, said she suffered for years while afraid to come out. “I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of all that pain,” she said.
She received an Oscar nomination for her performance in “Juno.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Only 3 wolves left at national park on Lake Superior; moose population would skyrocket
- Social media makes it difficult for ‘hero’ to stay anonymous
- Shuster admits to ‘personal relationship’ with airline industry lobbyist
- Federal appeals court appears divided on Obama’s immigrant deportation shield
- Truck carrying 13.7M bees overturns
- Collection gives insight into Oklahoma City federal building bomber McVeigh
- Foggy Interstate 70 pileup injures dozen in Colorado
- Federal judge who blocked Obama immigration order painted as unbiased
- Cardinal Francis George of Chicago dead at 78
- Sunken carrier used in atomic bomb tests found off Calif.
- Scientists: Oil spill has harmed health of Gulf of Mexico