Gay actress Page tells of pain secret caused
By The Associated Press
Published: Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, 6:36 p.m.
Ellen Page, who won the hearts of moviegoers as the pregnant teenager in the 2007 film “Juno,” told a Las Vegas audience on Friday, “I'm here today because I am gay.”
The actress was speaking to a conference of counselors who work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teenagers.
Page, 26, said she suffered for years while afraid to come out. “I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of all that pain,” she said.
She received an Oscar nomination for her performance in “Juno.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Warnings on youths, codeine unheeded; lack of effectiveness, dangers had been raised
- Wyoming officials to drill at landslide’s crest
- Art from ‘Dick and Jane’ series set for auction
- Seafood study: Up to 32 percent imported to U.S. is caught illegally
- Study of corn waste as fuel source finds gasoline less damaging to atmosphere
- Space station receives Easter cargo delivery
- Postal Service overhaul expected to appeal to Dems
- Ruling on Cleveland police chase questioned
- Navy endorses 24-hour sleep cycle for sailors
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Pulitzers awarded for coverage of NSA spy programs, Boston Marathon bombing