Gay actress Page tells of pain secret caused
Ellen Page, who won the hearts of moviegoers as the pregnant teenager in the 2007 film “Juno,” told a Las Vegas audience on Friday, “I'm here today because I am gay.”
The actress was speaking to a conference of counselors who work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teenagers.
Page, 26, said she suffered for years while afraid to come out. “I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of all that pain,” she said.
She received an Oscar nomination for her performance in “Juno.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reports: Actor Ford seriously injured in small-plane crash in L.A.
- Young white males replace older black men as OD victims as heroin deaths climb
- Feds weighed national standards but let North Dakota set regulations for oil trains’ safety
- Latest winter blast strands airline passengers, motorists
- Weapon supply vulnerable to hackers, Pentagon official warns
- ‘Greatest Show on Earth’ agrees to retire elephants
- Ringling Bros. circus eliminating elephant acts
- Raw milk has little evidence of antibiotics, FDA survey finds
- 1st suicide try likely last, says new study
- Lawmakers move to require schools to teach cursive amid Common Core wrangling
- Florida woman wields a shotgun in forcing son to jump from window