Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital
WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.
A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”
Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.
Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.
Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cancer rates plunge 22% over 20 years
- Tighter payday loan rules intended to shield debtors
- Woman gives birth to baby boy on side of Utah highway
- Super snowy Sunday: Chicago buried; thousands of flights grounded
- Goats offered as alternative for clearing area of plutonium
- Search for less-invasive avenue for brain surgery leads to eyelid, UPMC surgical team
- Fine weighed in North Carolina river coal ash spill
- Navy abandons ‘global force for good’ to broaden appeal
- Pregnant smokers persuaded to quit with free diapers
- Big Bang ‘waves’ go poof under analysis
- Judge expresses doubt about constitutionality of no-fly list