Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital
WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.
A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”
Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.
Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.
Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tennessee bill seeks to curtail teaching of ‘religious doctrine’
- Community lines streets as students return to class in Roseburg
- Dell buying EMC in a transaction valued at about $67 billion
- Supreme Court to consider reprieve for teens who kill
- Half Moon Bay contest dubs 1,969-pound pumpkin the plumpest
- El Niño storms might not be savior for Calif.
- Stocks up before earnings reports
- Part of major highway reopens as South Carolina recovers from floods
- House’s Flores will seek speakership if Ryan doesn’t
- Dissolving heart stent fuels hope for new generation of devices
- Lawmaker seeks ban on LGBT ‘conversion therapy’ in New Hampshire