Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital
WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.
A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”
Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.
Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.
Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Warhol bodyguard sued over hidden artwork
- North Korea may have key to nuclear missile, general says
- Philadelphia Mafia figure returned to prison for meeting friend
- New York, New Jersey order 21-day quarantine of all in contact with Ebola virus
- Seattle area school homecoming ‘prince’ guns down classmates
- Washington city takes stock of damage from rare tornado
- Hatchet attack was terror, NYPD says
- 2 California deputies slain, suspect captured
- Test confirms remains are missing Virginia student’s
- 1686 shipwreck ‘like dinosaur’ being rebuilt for museum
- Vehicle smashes Commandments on capitol grounds in Oklahoma City