Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital
WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.
A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”
Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.
Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.
Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign policy expert: Obama administration should create Syria safe areas
- Video of white Chicago patrolman fatally firing on fleeing black youth sparks demonstrations
- Self-driving vehicles closer to getting green light as feds ease stance
- In a first, private company’s rocket returns safely to Earth
- Traffic deaths rise sharply in United States
- Poll: 4 in 10 know someone who has been addicted to prescription painkillers
- Princeton protesters occupy president’s office, demand President Wilson’s name be removed
- California officer killed in botched robbery, police say
- Former Michigan cop found guilty in driver’s beating
- Dancer, prosthetic leg lost with luggage to be reunited
- E.coli linked to Chipotle now in Ohio, 5 other states