Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital
WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.
A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”
Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.
Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.
Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Magma chamber spied under Yellowstone volcano
- House demands details of Taliban detainees swap for Bergdahl
- Study a surprise: Commercial bees unfazed by pesticides
- Unhappiness over plan to unfreeze billions in oil revenue for Iran threatens nuclear bill in Senate
- Administration turns up heat on Medicaid expansion
- HIV cases tied to drug use multiply daily in Indiana
- ‘Organic’ tag on water-raised produce raises ire
- Hostility at VA lingers, panel told
- 15 buffalo that escaped from farm killed in upstate N.Y.
- Florida fraternity members spit on disabled veterans at retreat
- Footage of protesters walking on flag sparks strife at Georgia university