Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital
WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.
A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”
Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.
Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.
Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Over 3 years, extended federal leave adds up to $775M
- Edible pot ban proposed, yanked in Colorado
- Earth heads for record 2014
- Forensics support Ferguson police officer in shooting of unarmed black teen
- Indiana slaying suspect hints at more deaths
- Reported ‘Easy Rider’ chopper fetches $1.35M
- Revised Ebola guidelines stress full gear, training
- Utah school bus driver charged with DUI
- Report completed on capture of Army sergeant
- Resignation of Holder’s deputy to add to vacuum
- Official’s job at cybersecurity firm vexes NSA