Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital
WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.
A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”
Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.
Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.
Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- Poor morale, training in Air Force ICBM program spur questions about usefulness as nuclear deterrent
- Killer of New York police officers angry over Garner chokehold death, officials say
- Gray wolf decision reversed
- Document hunt to begin for illegals who need proof of residency since 2010 for permit, reprieve
- 3-D printed prosthetics give dog ability to run
- N.Y. reports crime decrease, credits ‘broken windows’
- 4 Afghans freed from Guantanamo
- Ghostly snailfish found at record depth
- Cat saved from California storm drain after 2 weeks