TribLIVE

| USWorld


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Wisconsin girl stabbed 19 times out of hospital

Daily Photo Galleries

By Wire Reports
Saturday, June 7, 2014, 12:01 a.m.
 

WAUKESHA, Wis. — The parents of a 12-year-old Wisconsin girl who survived being stabbed 19 times and left for dead say she has been released from the hospital.

A spokeswoman for the child's family issued a statement Friday night, saying the girl was released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital.

The statement says the girl is “excited to be out of the hospital, see her pets and continue along the road to recovery.”

Police say the girl was repeatedly stabbed by two classmates trying to please Slender Man, a fictional character they found on a horror website. The two girls have been charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide.

Doctors previously told police that the victim was lucky to be alive because the knife just missed a major artery near her heart.

Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier have been charged with first-degree attempted homicide in the case and are being held in a secure detention facility in West Bend.

Both suspects explained the stabbing to police referencing their dedication to Slender Man, the character they discovered on a website called Creepypasta Wiki, which is devoted to horror stories.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Nation

  1. FAA reviews contingency plans, security policies after Chicago air traffic control center fire
  2. Cost of taking fight to ISIS pegged at $2.4B to $6.8B a year
  3. Qantas matches biggest plane, longest air route
  4. Supreme Court blocks start of early Ohio voting
  5. NSA relies on 1981 executive order signed by Reagan
  6. 3 whistle-blowers in VA scandal settle complaints they were punished
  7. IRS not wholly tracking dodgers, report finds
  8. Intruder made it to East Room of White House, overpowered Secret Service officer
  9. Indian premier stars at New York rally
  10. Weather extremes linked to global warming
  11. Feds ask to close court hearing on Guantanamo Bay hunger striker
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.