Hillary Clinton says she donated speech funds to family's foundation
Hillary Rodham Clinton told ABC News on Friday that she has donated all the money she was paid for speeches on college campuses during the past year and a half to her family's foundation.
“All of the fees have been donated to the Clinton Foundation for it to continue its life-changing and lifesaving work. So it goes from a foundation at a university to another foundation,” Clinton told Ann Compton of ABC News.
Clinton was in London promoting her book, “Hard Choices.”
The Washington Post reported this week that Clinton likely made more than $1 million for speaking at eight universities, including four public schools, during the past year.
The University of Connecticut, which just raised tuition by 6.5 percent, paid $251,250 from a donor fund for Clinton to speak on campus in April. Other examples include $300,000 to speak at the University of California at Los Angeles in March and $225,000 for a speech scheduled for October at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas.
The potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate has been paid for speeches at five other colleges, all of which declined to say how much they paid Clinton.
If the former secretary of State earned her standard fee of $200,000 or more, that would mean she took in at least $1.8 million in speaking income from universities in the past nine months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wild Walk gives treetop view of New York forest
- New Horizons flyby of Pluto on track despite computer glitch
- Idaho wildfire destroys homes, prompts hundreds to evacuate
- Maryland mother charged with leaving baby on roadside
- Chesapeake Bay pollution plan approved
- Senante begins new debate on federal role for schools
- Disguise aids $75K robbery of Oklahoma Wal-Mart store
- Texas wants its gold back in the state’s borders
- Veterans ID card bill shows difficulty of approving legislation in Congress
- Gowdy denies accusation of leak of Clinton emails info
- In 2005, Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex