20 in Colombian-style band still missing in northern Mexico
MONTERREY, Mexico — Authorities in northern Mexico still have no leads as a result of searching for two days for 20 people with a Colombian-style band who vanished after a private performance in a bar, an official with the Nuevo Leon State Investigation Agency said on Sunday.
The 20 people include 15 members of Kombo Kolombia and the band's crew.
People living near the bar in Hidalgo municipality north of Monterrey reported hearing gunshots about 4 a.m. Friday, followed by the sound of vehicles speeding away, said the source with the state agency.
He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to be quoted by the news media.
The officials added that gunfire is common in the area, and they said investigators found spent bullets nearby.
Relatives filed an official report about their missing loved ones on Friday after they lost cellular telephone contact with them following the performance on Thursday night. When family members went to the bar to investigate, they found the band members' vehicles still parked outside.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Civilians killed in fighting in separatist-held Donetsk, Ukraine
- Parole granted to leader of apartheid death squad
- Divide between mainstream French, poor Muslims evident in terror reaction
- Africans open new front in terror war
- Kurdish forces fight back, but new strategy could hinder resistance
- ‘A chink in’ jihadi ‘armor’