Suicide bomber kills 23 at Pakistani mosque
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 7:24 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 1, 2013
Suicide bomber kills 23
PESHAWAR — A suicide bomber detonated his explosives outside a Shiite mosque in northwestern Pakistan as worshippers were leaving Friday prayers, killing 23 people and injuring more than 50 in the latest apparently sectarian attack in the country, police said.
Shiite Muslims in Pakistan have increasingly been targeted by radical Sunnis who consider them heretics, and 2012 was the bloodiest year for the minority sect in the country's history. — AP
- Egyptologist risks life, career to expose looting
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- We only sell real thing, Egyptian grave-robbing family boasts
- Report: U.S. long ready to aid rebels
- North Korea changes tack, tells U.S.: Let’s talk
- Bomber targets mourners at Pakistan funeral; 29 dead
- Iran’s supreme leader tells off U.S. critics of election
- Moderate wins Iranian presidential election
- Turkish riot police end 18-day protest
- Syrian troops capture rebel-held suburb of Damascus
- North Korea changes tack and tells U.S.: Let’s talk
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.