Winners of the 2013 British Academy Film Awards
Big Bafta winners
Best film: “Argo”
Outstanding British film: “Skyfall”
Best director: Ben Affleck
Best actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, “Lincoln”
Best actress: Emmanuelle Riva, “Amour”
Best supporting actor: Christoph Waltz, “Django Unchained”
Best supporting actress: Anne Hathaway, “Les Miserables”
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Shortcomings in governance by Islamic State evident in deteriorating living conditions
- Joy over ties with U.S. spawns migration worry among Cubans
- Israel approves construction of 243 West Bank homes
- Pope Francis laments world suffering on Christmas
- Child says father gave her to Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria
- Al-Shabaab terrorists strike African Union base in Somalia on Christmas
- Lawmakers in Russia propose history rewrites
- Thousands in Spain protest ban on demonstrations, burning national flag
- Father of captured Jordanian begs ISIS for mercy
- 2 Saudi women drivers sent to terrorism court
- Children still coping with disaster of tsunami in Indonesia