Man charged in killing of 3, injuring 11 in Guam
HAGATNA, Guam — A man accused of killing three people and injuring 11 after crashing his car and stabbing people in a major tourist district in Guam was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, police said on Wednesday.
The Pacific Daily News reports that police have arrested 21-year-old Chad Ryan Desoto of Tamuning.
The wreck and alleged knife attack on Tuesday night at a shopping area at the Outrigger Guam Resort sent frightened hotel guests fleeing for safety.
Fire officials said 14 people were taken to Guam Memorial Hospital.
Antonio Mura, a spokesman for the Guam Visitor Bureau, said an initial report from Guam police indicated the victims were Japanese visitors. The agency sent Japanese language interpreters to the hospital to help.
Guam Gov. Eddie Calvo issued a statement addressed to “the people of Japan” saying the perpetrator would be prosecuted “to the fullest extent of the law.” Calvo said he is committed to ensuring the safety of visitors to Guam and would increase police presence.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Putin’s stance on Ukraine is bad for business, Russian billionaires say
- Train with Ukraine plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- Iraq prime minister condemns extremist targeting of Christians
- Rebels in Ukraine hand over bodies, black box
- ‘Explosion of evil’ in Europe against Jews condemned
- Passengers hailed from 13 nations
- Chinese lunar rover not dead yet
- Israeli death toll climbs to 25 in Gaza ground offensive
- Ukraine: Pro-Russia rebels downed Malaysian plane
- Militants capture Syrian gas field in fierce fighting
- U.S. drone strike kills 8 in Pakistani tribal region