Man charged in killing of 3, injuring 11 in Guam
HAGATNA, Guam — A man accused of killing three people and injuring 11 after crashing his car and stabbing people in a major tourist district in Guam was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, police said on Wednesday.
The Pacific Daily News reports that police have arrested 21-year-old Chad Ryan Desoto of Tamuning.
The wreck and alleged knife attack on Tuesday night at a shopping area at the Outrigger Guam Resort sent frightened hotel guests fleeing for safety.
Fire officials said 14 people were taken to Guam Memorial Hospital.
Antonio Mura, a spokesman for the Guam Visitor Bureau, said an initial report from Guam police indicated the victims were Japanese visitors. The agency sent Japanese language interpreters to the hospital to help.
Guam Gov. Eddie Calvo issued a statement addressed to “the people of Japan” saying the perpetrator would be prosecuted “to the fullest extent of the law.” Calvo said he is committed to ensuring the safety of visitors to Guam and would increase police presence.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Boko Haram beheading video mimics Islamic State propaganda
- Netanyahu claims moral obligation to speak
- Teacher charged with drug smuggling in Japan
- Iran’s role against ISIS in Tikrit stokes U.S. unease over Tehran influence, Sunni-Shiite tensions
- Fugitive on U.S. most-wanted terror list held by Somalia
- Pakistani parents jailed for refusing to vaccinate children against polio
- Russia promises full probe of killing of Putin rival
- Venezuela calls for U.S. to slash diplomatic mission by 80 percent
- Rice says U.S. has Israel’s back, won’t accept nuclear-armed Iran
- Teacher turned notorious drug lord Gomez finally nabbed in Mexico
- Kurds rout ISIS from key town in Syria