Robert Gumbita retains Mt. Pleasant School Board president seat
The newly elected and reelected directors to the Mt. Pleasant Area School Board were sworn in at a board meeting Wednesday night by District Judge Roger Eckels.
Richard Albright and Robert Gumbita were re-elected to another four-year term and Warren Leeder and Kyle Potts joined the board as new members.
Gumbita received the only nomination for board president. He will retain the position for another year.
Director Jim McElfresh will take on the role of vice president.
John S. Toohey was retained as the district's solicitor for the year 2014 with a $7,500 retainer plus $100 per hour for extra services.
All workshop meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 24, Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
All regular meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 13, Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, May 12, June 30, Aug. 11, Sept. 8, Oct. 13 and Nov. 10.
All meetings are scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Directors scheduled a special meeting Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m. for general purposes.
Gumbita said the board will select a replacement for former director Ed Malone at the Dec. 16 meeting.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Russian President Putin’s daughter has hand in development of $1.6B science center
- Thousands of troops to fight Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria, African Union says
- Islamic State admits defeat in Syria
- Iraqi libraries ransacked
- Upcoming speech to Congress stirs backlash in Israel
- Ukraine peace talks collapse
- Mexico slashes public spending amid global oil price plunge
- Leaders mark Auschwitz liberation 70 years on without Putin
- Kurdish forces fight back, but new strategy could hinder resistance
- ‘A chink in’ jihadi ‘armor’
- Prime Minister Tsipras forms government in Greece as jittery Europe watches