Robert Gumbita retains Mt. Pleasant School Board president seat
The newly elected and reelected directors to the Mt. Pleasant Area School Board were sworn in at a board meeting Wednesday night by District Judge Roger Eckels.
Richard Albright and Robert Gumbita were re-elected to another four-year term and Warren Leeder and Kyle Potts joined the board as new members.
Gumbita received the only nomination for board president. He will retain the position for another year.
Director Jim McElfresh will take on the role of vice president.
John S. Toohey was retained as the district's solicitor for the year 2014 with a $7,500 retainer plus $100 per hour for extra services.
All workshop meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 24, Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
All regular meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 13, Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, May 12, June 30, Aug. 11, Sept. 8, Oct. 13 and Nov. 10.
All meetings are scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Directors scheduled a special meeting Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m. for general purposes.
Gumbita said the board will select a replacement for former director Ed Malone at the Dec. 16 meeting.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ukraine rejects Russia’s call for cease-fire, warns of ‘great war’ against Russian aggressor
- United Kingdom at risk, new poll finds
- British terror suspects may be stripped of passports
- Pressure on European Central Bank grows as economic recovery founders
- Afghan power-sharing deal breaks down
- A flavor out of favor: Dog meat fades in S. Korea
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- U.N. fears 20,000 will be infected with Ebola
- China limits options for Hong Kong election
- Clashes between police, protesters violent in Pakistani capital
- U.S., China to meet, just days after interception of Navy patrol plane