Robert Gumbita retains Mt. Pleasant School Board president seat
The newly elected and reelected directors to the Mt. Pleasant Area School Board were sworn in at a board meeting Wednesday night by District Judge Roger Eckels.
Richard Albright and Robert Gumbita were re-elected to another four-year term and Warren Leeder and Kyle Potts joined the board as new members.
Gumbita received the only nomination for board president. He will retain the position for another year.
Director Jim McElfresh will take on the role of vice president.
John S. Toohey was retained as the district's solicitor for the year 2014 with a $7,500 retainer plus $100 per hour for extra services.
All workshop meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 24, Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
All regular meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 13, Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, May 12, June 30, Aug. 11, Sept. 8, Oct. 13 and Nov. 10.
All meetings are scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Directors scheduled a special meeting Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m. for general purposes.
Gumbita said the board will select a replacement for former director Ed Malone at the Dec. 16 meeting.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-host of radio’s ‘Q’ charged with sex assault
- Russian fliers have to get out and push
- 2-month Hong Kong occupation near end
- U.S. forces help rescue hostages in Yemen
- Former Iguala mayor, wife seized in Mexico City in case of 43 missing students
- China reportedly assembling island big enough for airstrip
- ‘Hunger Games’ salute leads to arrests
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu agrees to delay ‘nationality’ bill
- Brits blame web services in soldier’s death
- Islamic State got up to $45M in ransom payments
- Israelis get eyes in sky for Jerusalem patrols