Robert Gumbita retains Mt. Pleasant School Board president seat
The newly elected and reelected directors to the Mt. Pleasant Area School Board were sworn in at a board meeting Wednesday night by District Judge Roger Eckels.
Richard Albright and Robert Gumbita were re-elected to another four-year term and Warren Leeder and Kyle Potts joined the board as new members.
Gumbita received the only nomination for board president. He will retain the position for another year.
Director Jim McElfresh will take on the role of vice president.
John S. Toohey was retained as the district's solicitor for the year 2014 with a $7,500 retainer plus $100 per hour for extra services.
All workshop meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 24, Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
All regular meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 13, Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, May 12, June 30, Aug. 11, Sept. 8, Oct. 13 and Nov. 10.
All meetings are scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Directors scheduled a special meeting Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m. for general purposes.
Gumbita said the board will select a replacement for former director Ed Malone at the Dec. 16 meeting.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Afghan president heads unity government poised to sign pact to keep U.S. troops
- Netanyahu rebuts claim of genocide, accuses Iran
- Search for victims on hold in Japan as volcano spews toxic fumes
- Protesters in Hong Kong stand firm in battle to stop encroaching rule by China
- Courting Vietnam, U.S. prepares to ease arms embargo
- Ukraine delay offers opening
- Iran will not halt uranium enrichment
- Unrest, fatalities challenge shaky cease-fire in Ukraine
- Belgium accuses Muslim group of radicalizing, training youth to fight in Syria