Robert Gumbita retains Mt. Pleasant School Board president seat
The newly elected and reelected directors to the Mt. Pleasant Area School Board were sworn in at a board meeting Wednesday night by District Judge Roger Eckels.
Richard Albright and Robert Gumbita were re-elected to another four-year term and Warren Leeder and Kyle Potts joined the board as new members.
Gumbita received the only nomination for board president. He will retain the position for another year.
Director Jim McElfresh will take on the role of vice president.
John S. Toohey was retained as the district's solicitor for the year 2014 with a $7,500 retainer plus $100 per hour for extra services.
All workshop meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 24, Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
All regular meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 13, Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, May 12, June 30, Aug. 11, Sept. 8, Oct. 13 and Nov. 10.
All meetings are scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Directors scheduled a special meeting Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m. for general purposes.
Gumbita said the board will select a replacement for former director Ed Malone at the Dec. 16 meeting.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Teen girls found no roadblock to flights
- Canadians more fearful, aware after ‘very rare’ attack in Ottawa
- China’s Communist Party angles to improve judiciary
- Deadly crash into train station prompts crackdown in Jerusalem
- Saudis tell women: Don’t defy and drive
- Libyan troops seek to retake Benghazi
- U.S. airstrikes beat back Islamic State’s push for Mosul dam
- Gunman in Ottawa attack had been waiting for passport to go to Syria
- South Korea: Two Koreas exchange gunfire along border
- Abbas seems desperate in round of belligerent rhetoric
- Benghazi resigned to clashes as Islamist militias battle forces loyal to government