Robert Gumbita retains Mt. Pleasant School Board president seat
The newly elected and reelected directors to the Mt. Pleasant Area School Board were sworn in at a board meeting Wednesday night by District Judge Roger Eckels.
Richard Albright and Robert Gumbita were re-elected to another four-year term and Warren Leeder and Kyle Potts joined the board as new members.
Gumbita received the only nomination for board president. He will retain the position for another year.
Director Jim McElfresh will take on the role of vice president.
John S. Toohey was retained as the district's solicitor for the year 2014 with a $7,500 retainer plus $100 per hour for extra services.
All workshop meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 24, Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
All regular meetings for 2014 are scheduled for Jan. 13, Feb. 10, March 10, April 7, May 12, June 30, Aug. 11, Sept. 8, Oct. 13 and Nov. 10.
All meetings are scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Directors scheduled a special meeting Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m. for general purposes.
Gumbita said the board will select a replacement for former director Ed Malone at the Dec. 16 meeting.
Rachel Basinger is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kurds bring fight to Islamic State in contested Iraqi town
- ‘Early Mona Lisa’ painting traced to English noble
- Nigeria’s Islamic terrorist Boko Haram group poses threat to Cameroon
- Exit poll: Ex-regime official Essebsi is Tunisia’s new president
- Arrests made in Pakistan school massacre
- Israel responds to rocket strike by rogue jihadists in Gaza Strip
- Australian woman denied mental health court hearing in slayings of 8 children
- Pakistan fervent about anti-blasphemy law
- No movement yet on Afghan cabinet
- American crosses into North Korea, denounces U.S. at news conference
- Russia acts to stanch ruble’s plummet