2 Ukrainian military fighter jets shot down
KIEV, Ukraine — Two Ukrainian military fighter jets have been shot down in the east, according to the country's Defense Ministry.
The Sukhoi-25 fighters were shot down 1:30 p.m. local time Wednesday over an area called Savur Mogila.
Defense Ministry spokesman Oleksiy Dmitrashkovsky says the planes may have been carrying up to two crew members each.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Spate of attacks kills dozens in Iraq, appears to target Shiites
- Submarine hunt sends Cold War chill across Baltic
- Abbas seems desperate in round of belligerent rhetoric
- Iran acts to comply with interim nuclear deal with world powers, IAEA says
- Deepening U.S. commitment to Kobani ties Obama’s Islamic State effort to Kurds’ fate
- German hospital: UN worker dies of Ebola
- Saudi court sentences Shiite cleric al-Nimr to death
- Camel likely killed wildlife park owner who didn’t give him can of Coke
- Kurds, U.S. warplanes run ISIS out of Syrian border town of Kobani
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Loophole rewards expelled Nazi suspects with Social Security benefits