2 Ukrainian military fighter jets shot down
KIEV, Ukraine — Two Ukrainian military fighter jets have been shot down in the east, according to the country's Defense Ministry.
The Sukhoi-25 fighters were shot down 1:30 p.m. local time Wednesday over an area called Savur Mogila.
Defense Ministry spokesman Oleksiy Dmitrashkovsky says the planes may have been carrying up to two crew members each.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Marine found guilty of killing transgender Filipino
- Burned-out van belonged to missing Australians, Mexican prosecutors say
- World leaders show willingness to act at climate change summit
- Senators call for 20,000 more troops in Syria and Iraq
- After U.S. indictments, Chinese military scalesc back hacks on American industry
- Philippines reappraises hoard of Marcos jewelry
- Climate summit spawns protest marches around world
- A third of world’s cacti threatened with extinction, report says
- Pope Francis visits mosque in war-torn Central African Republic, calls for end to conflict
- Northern Ireland’s restrictive abortion law ‘breaches human rights,’ court rules
- Israeli court convicts two Jewish teenagers in 2014 killing of Palestinian youth