Uniontown Hospital offering education programs in August
The Uniontown Hospital and its home health care agency, Fayette Home Care, will offer the following community education programs in August.
• The Safe Sitter Course offers youth over the age of 11 the opportunity to learn safe baby-sitting techniques from registered nurses. There are two sessions. Each session is six and a half-hours. Dates will be announced. A $10 fee is charged to cover the cost of educational materials. To register, call 724-430-6925 and leave a message in voicemail.
• Childbirth and Labor Preparation Courses are offered each month at Uniontown Hospital. Courses will be offered in a series of five sessions. The series is scheduled for Aug. 4, 11, 18 and 25 and Aug. 31 for the Dad's Matter session. Each session is held from 7 to 9 p.m. in Community Room 2 -- East located on the main floor of the hospital. Pre-registration is required; call 724-430-4646 and leave a message in voicemail.
• Breast Feeding is Best Feeding Support Group will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 9 in the fourth floor conference room. Bring your baby. The Support Group is led by lactation consultants who are certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners. For more information, call 724-430-5573. Registration is not necessary. Expectant moms are welcome.
• The Parent Support Group for Pregnancy and Infant Loss will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 12 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room in the Main Lobby of Uniontown Hospital. This is for parents experiencing a loss through miscarriage, stillbirth, newborn death, ectopic pregnancy, or SIDS. Registration is not necessary. To leave a message on the Grief Line, call 724-430-4615.
• Look Good ... Feel Better is a free, national public service program to help women undergoing cancer treatment learn to cope with the appearance related side effects of treatment and regain a sense of self-confidence and control over their lives. The American Cancer Society and The Robert E. Eberly Pavilion will sponsor the program. The program will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Aug. 16 in the Robert E. Eberly Pavilion. Call 800-227-2345 to pre-register.
• Sibling Preparation Class is offered to help prepare children for the arrival of a new baby brother or baby sister. The class will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 2 in the Fourth Floor Conference Room at Uniontown Hospital. To register, call 724-430-4646.
• Outpatient Diabetes Classes will be offered from 9 to 11 or 11:30 a.m. Aug. 2, 9, 16 and 23 in the Diabetes Center Classroom in the Medical Pavilion Building at 100 Woodlawn Ave. To register, call 724-430-5971. Must have a doctor's referral.
• Diabetes Support Group will meet at 2 p.m. Aug. 24 in the Diabetes Center Classroom in the Medical Pavilion Building at 100 Woodlawn Ave. Matt VanCamp, director of respiratory therapy at Uniontown Hospital, will present "Sleep Apnea and Diabetes." For more information, call the Diabetes Center at 724-430-5971.
• Life After Weight Loss Surgery for Pre/Post-op Gastric Bypass Patients and Pre/Post-op Lap Band Patients Support Group will hold a meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 2 in the Community Room at Fayette Home Care & Hospice at 110 Youngstown Road, Lemont Furnace. Each meeting will feature a guest speaker on a topic related to obesity and/or weight loss surgery, a group member testimonial and an open forum for questions and answers. For more information or questions, call 724-880-8050.
• Fayette Regional Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Aug. 5 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room of Uniontown Hospital. For more information, call Billie Keechel at 724-430-5057.
• Fayette Home Care and Hospice Caregiver Support Group will meet from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 19 in the Community Room at Fayette Home Care & Hospice in Lemont Furnace. For more information, call 724-439-1610.
Show commenting policy