Uniontown kindergarten registration requirements announced
Parents of the Uniontown Area School District who are planning to enter children in kindergarten or first grade (who have not previously attended kindergarten) for the 2012-13 school year are asked to register their children in their attendance area.
A child must be 5 on or before Sept. 1 to be eligible for kindergarten or 6 on or before Sept. 1 to enter first grade.
A child's original birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security card or number and proof of residency must be presented at the time of registration. It is very important to bring your child with you to the registration.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires specific immunizations as a condition of school attendance. As of Aug. 1, 2011, the following are required: four or more doses of D.T. or T.D. Toxoid (Diphtheria/Tetanus)(last dose after fourth birthday); three or more doses of Trivalent Oral Polio Vaccine; two doses of regular Measles Vaccine (or proof of immunity); two doses of Rubella (German Measles) (or proof of immunity); two doses of Mumps Vaccine (or medical verification of disease); three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine; and two doses of the Varivax Vaccine or proof of having had chickenpox (month and year)
According to the health regulations, no child may enter school until all required immunizations are completed and written proof is provided to the school. If a child cannot be immunized for health reasons, a note from the physician is required.
Registrations will be held from 8:30 to 11 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., as follows:
• April 30 at Ben Franklin.
• May 1 at Lafayette.
• May 2 at Menallen.
• May 3 at Franklin.
• May 3 at Marclay.
• May 4 at Wharton.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says