Uniontown kindergarten registration requirements announced
Parents of the Uniontown Area School District who are planning to enter children in kindergarten or first grade (who have not previously attended kindergarten) for the 2012-13 school year are asked to register their children in their attendance area.
A child must be 5 on or before Sept. 1 to be eligible for kindergarten or 6 on or before Sept. 1 to enter first grade.
A child's original birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security card or number and proof of residency must be presented at the time of registration. It is very important to bring your child with you to the registration.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires specific immunizations as a condition of school attendance. As of Aug. 1, 2011, the following are required: four or more doses of D.T. or T.D. Toxoid (Diphtheria/Tetanus)(last dose after fourth birthday); three or more doses of Trivalent Oral Polio Vaccine; two doses of regular Measles Vaccine (or proof of immunity); two doses of Rubella (German Measles) (or proof of immunity); two doses of Mumps Vaccine (or medical verification of disease); three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine; and two doses of the Varivax Vaccine or proof of having had chickenpox (month and year)
According to the health regulations, no child may enter school until all required immunizations are completed and written proof is provided to the school. If a child cannot be immunized for health reasons, a note from the physician is required.
Registrations will be held from 8:30 to 11 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., as follows:
• April 30 at Ben Franklin.
• May 1 at Lafayette.
• May 2 at Menallen.
• May 3 at Franklin.
• May 3 at Marclay.
• May 4 at Wharton.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Pittsburgh author: ‘Supernatural’ generally can be explained
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Harrisburg insider, newcomer battle over change in Pa.’s 46th Senate District
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- West Virginia University warns students over riots