Dead driver identified in West Mifflin police chase
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office has identified the driver killed in a high-speed crash in West Mifflin Monday.
Christopher Buzzatto, 24, of White Oak, died of burns and smoke inhalation sustained in a single-vehicle crash early Monday along Route 837 in West Mifflin, according to the autopsy report.
The medical examiner's office had to use dental records to identify the victim due to the severity of his burns.
Investigators said high speed was a factor in the accident, which occurred following a police pursuit that began on Lebanon Church Road and continued on Camp Hollow and Lebanon School roads.
Buzzatto was driving a Cadillac CTS-V.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies after jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Pittsburgh Mills to host hard-to-recycle collection
- Export resident colors ‘eggstravagant’ Easter creations
- Police investigate rush hour incidents in Shaler, Wexford
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Young Derry baseball team developing under 4th-year head coach
- Forbes: Night at the Races planned at sportsmen’s club
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 7, Tigers 3
- North Allegheny senior to take swim talents to Yale
- Upgrades planned for Murrysville community center