News to use
The Armstrong County Herb and Garden Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow at First Baptist Church in Ford City. Doors open at 6 p.m. for socialization. The program is "Making Soaps" presented by Rusty Orner of Quiet Creek Herb Farm, Brookville. Jackie Waterson presents the herbal study on "Bee Balm." Waterson and Lola Buchan will be the hostesses. Monthly meetings are open to the public and new members are welcome. Questions may be directed to Joan Moore at 724-763-9773 or Jackie Waterson at 724-548-8492.
Creekside Diner set for Saturday
The Templeton United Methodist Women will have its annual Creekside Diner beginning at 5:30 a.m. Saturday, the first day of trout season. Hot food, cold beverages and baked goods will be for sale. Questions may be directed to Lisa Slagle at 724-543-6156, no calls after 8 p.m.
Turkey dinner at area church
A turkey dinner will be served beginning at 4 p.m. Saturday at Cochran's Mill Church, 2571 Garretts Run Road, near Burrell fire hall. Cost of meal is adults, $8, ages 6-12, $4, and free to 5 and younger. Take outs will be available for a charge of 50 cents extra. Questions may be directed to 724-842-2291 or 724-354-2010.
Breakfast scheduled in Ford City church
An all-you-can-eat breakfast will be served from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday at St. John's Lutheran Church, 11th Street, Ford City. Menu includes scrambled eggs, French toast, pancakes (plain cakes or blueberry), home fries, sausage, toast, jelly, fruit cup, coffee, and tea. Cost of meal is adults, $6, children, 6-12, $3.50, and free to younger than 6. Take outs will be available for a charge of 50 cents extra. Orders will be delivered if they are called in before 9:30 a.m. day of the event at 724-763-9622.
Lincoln descendant to attend meeting
The John T. Crawford Camp 43 of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War will have its next meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Covenant Center, 332 N. Water St., Kittanning. The public is invited to attend the meeting and meet Ralph Lincoln, a descendant of President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln will speak on family genealogy, the Lincoln connection to Southwestern Pennsylvania, his relationship to President Lincoln and other relatives who served in the Civil War.
Jewelry bash set in Kittanning Township
The Kittanning Township Fire Department will have a jewelry bash Sunday at the fire hall. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. and raffles begin at 2 p.m. Food and beverages will be provided. Cost is $5 per ticket. Those attending must have a ticket. Tickets are available. The fire hall is on Route 422 East, four miles out of Kittanning toward Indiana.
Rabies clinic set for Sunday
A rabies clinic will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Washington Township fire hall, on the Adrian-Reesdale Road. Cost is $7 for each cat or dog. Shots will be administered by Dr. Robert Lash, veterinarian.
Soup, salad luncheon Sunday
A soup and salad luncheon will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday at the Spring Church Lutheran Church. Donation is $5. The church is handicap accessible and is on Route 56-E, Lutheran Church Road, four miles east of Apollo. Questions may be directed to 724-478-1528.
Speaker scheduled at society meeting
Randy Bartley will present a program dealing with battlefield interpretation and archeology — undoing the Hollywood image through research at the 7 p.m. Friday meeting of the North Fork Chapter 29 of the Society for Pennsylvania Archaeology at the Jefferson County History Center. Event is free and open to the public. The center is at 172-176 Main St., Brookville, in the second floor education room of the center. Parking is available at the rear of the building. Those attending are asked to use the metal ramp at the rear entrance directly to the second floor. For information contact Ken Burkett at 814-849-0077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Relay for Life team K.T. Click hosts a "Sweet Course For The Cure" from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Kittanning Country Club. Cost of tickets is $10. Those attending must have a ticket. Deadline to purchase tickets is Friday, call 724-548-2204. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.
• The Freeport Library will hold a "new to you sale" clearance from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. All items in the basement are half price.
• The Elderton Lions Club will have a two-day indoor yard sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Elderton fire hall. Food will be available by the Elderton Fire Company on April 16.
• The Worthington Memorial American Legion Auxiliary will meet at 1 p.m. Wednesday in the post home.
• Sub Chapter 8406 of AFSCME Retirees, Chapter 13, Retired Public Employees of Pennsylvania, will meet at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Kittanning Senior Center, 125 Queen St. All retired public employees are welcome.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1965 reunion committee will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Bauer Family Funeral Home in Kittanning. All class members are welcome. Questions may be directed to Carol at 724-543-9072.
• The Kittanning High School Class of 1940 will hold its 70-year class reunion luncheon at noon Thursday at Theresa's Royle Allegheny Restaurant, West Kittanning. All classmates, spouses, and friends are welcome.
• The Ford City Eagles 606 Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday.
• AMVETS Riders will meet at noon Sunday at the County Line Tavern. Nominations of officers will be made. All motorcycle riders, their spouses or anyone interested in supporting the group is welcome. A run will be held after the meeting.
Show commenting policy