TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Body found in Allegheny River near Clemente Bridge
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington