TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Feeling refreshed, Coraopolis’ Keaton soars again with big part
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Convicted killer won’t be freed in 1973 double-murder of children
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense