TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Man barricaded in house near West Hempfield Elementary School
- Pirates cut 12, including outfielder Tabata and pitcher Lincoln
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- First trailer for Pittsburgh-shot ‘Southpaw’ hits the Internet
- Aldi to open store where Bottom Dollar closed in Garfield
- Yough senior high students evacuated for third time this week
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Port Authority secures free North Shore light-rail service
- Bomb threat clears Apollo-Ridge High School