TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
By Bob Karlovits
Published: Friday, June 19, 2009
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Photo gallery: Springsteen brings ‘High Hopes’ to Consol Energy Center
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder