TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Time to give Pirates owner Nutting his due
- Penguins’ prospects could hinge on health of Letang, Maataa
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny
- Pittsburgh Police Department to expand use of body cameras for officers
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- Pirates will play NL wild-card game at PNC Park after shutting out Reds
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Lottery wants volunteer witnesses from Western Pennsylvania
- Armstrong hockey aiming for return to Consol
- Pirates notebook: Huntington weighs whether wild-card round should be expanded
- College coaches get glimpse of area talent at West Mifflin baseball showcase