TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
By Bob Karlovits
Published: Friday, June 19, 2009
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1
- Community turns out for Franklin Regional students’ return to class
- PNC posts 7 percent rise in 1Q profit
- Pirates notebook: Wandy Rodriguez experiencing decline in fastball velocity
- Men charged in Washington Co. girl’s slaying to stand trial
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Hempfield Area superintendent, business manager quit