TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate
- College football notebook: Richt out at Georgia; Miles staying put at LSU
- Fatal HOV lane crash in Ross under investigation
- High school notebook: TJ, Clairton head into enemy territory
- Clinton’s $275 billion jobs program tied to infrastructure
- Soutmoreland girls basketball team primary goal: playoffs
- Travelers advised to arrive 2 hours early for flights from Pittsburgh International Airport
- Outdoors notebook: Multiyear license buyers fish more often