TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Federal grand jury reviewing Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Ferrante cyanide trial to resume Friday with doctors, investigators on stand
- Man shot, killed after leaving Elliott bar early Friday
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- House has Pitt defense trending in right direction