TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Worker at Mercer County center accused of illegal sexual contact with juveniles
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- Stocks push to record highs, continuing rally
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Mars contends it was right to expel student with behavioral problems
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Monessen man jailed for stabbing