TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning soccer snaps 33-game losing streak
- Turek a 50-year fixture as local coach
- Elizabeth Forward volleyball team keeps winning, despite new look
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Authority communities well on their way to completion of sewer projects
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- PA will deal online poker in 2017, financial analysis says
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- ‘It Takes a Village’ strives to connect New Kensington residents with resources