TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Business roundup: IBM “flatly denies” report of mass layoffs; more
- Medicare payments to tie doctor, hospital payments to quality rather than volume of care
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Interest rates likely to stay low until fall
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Lower Burrell 5th-grader illustrates power of kindness with cancer charity
- College Basketball Tuesday: Standout freshmen guards meet in Big Ten showdown
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- MSA Safety products in demand to protect workers in dangerous jobs
- North Belle Vernon man accused of stalking girl, 13