TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Schools closed after state police ambush suspect reportedly sighted nearby
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Pitt executive vice chancellor to retire in December
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Somerset County store clerk tells bandit to bug off with spray can
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’