TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Ohio governor Kasich, a McKees Rocks native, considers presidential run
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Pirates notebook: Locke the choice to be 5th starter
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs