TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Pa. to monitor travelers from West Africa for Ebola virus
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Police investigate 2 shootings in Washington County, one of them fatal
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins