TV personality's bike ride raises $500,000
Phil Keoghan, host of CBS' "The Amazing Race," raised $500,000 in his bicycle ride across the United States in the fight against multiple sclerosis.
The TV personality was sponsored by the General Nutrition Centers' chain in the 42-day trip, which made a stop May 2 in Robinson.
Tom Dowd, executive vice president of the chain, says $400,000 of the total came from donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in stores along the route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport Area, South Allegheny, Elizabeth Forward musicians head to holiday parades
- Membership fees predicted for continued Heritage van use in the Mon Valley
- Lost election inspires South Allegheny student’s clothing project
- Casey supports food donation tax break extension
- Former Clairton resident killed
- ‘Sleep in his own bed’ cost taxpayers $295K
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Federal agency checking whether Highmark has enough doctors in Medicare plan
- Lower gas prices entice motorists to drive long distances for Thanksgiving
- Lower gasoline prices fail to spur consumer spending