New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins finally find way to beat Capitals
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Penguins add scoring depth by dealing for Maple Leafs’ Winnik
- Giant Eagle to close all 8 Good Cents locations
- As House looks to dismantle state stores, hybrid system might be option
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Springdale Township standoff ends peacefully
- Teenage suspect in Leechburg killing held for trial
- Steelers’ decision for NFL Draft: Pass rusher or cornerback?
- Wolf tax proposal puts Beaver County Shell plant at risk, gas group head says
- Rossi: Pirates must pay for Mr. Right