New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- Point Breeze couple surprised with 2nd honeymoon by Ellen DeGeneres
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Cranberry: Construction restrictions lifted on Route 228
- Tuesday - October 21, 2014
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers players are ready for annual runway turn for charity