New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- It’s not a small world after all: Global population estimated to soar
- Pirates hold on to beat Red Sox, complete 3-game sweep at PNC
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- Deputy vanishes amid Texas flooding
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Stats speak: Sliders stand between Pirates, playoffs
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Butler County man dies in accident on Route 68
- Ex-Gateway coach Smith making mark at Penn State
- Bethel Park retracts warning of respiratory illness
- Penguins notebook: Hornqvist, Spaling will lead by example