New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Aliquippa parents charged in deaths of daughters
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Uber, Lyft can operate legally in Allegheny County — for now
- Official: Air Algerie flight ‘probably crashed’
- Brookline Boulevard paving project finally finished
- Interest high for Heinz Field soccer match between top Euro teams
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Israeli fire hits UN facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Wesco posts higher profit, lowers full year outlook
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game