New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Stock market makes biggest gain in 3 years
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Navy developing robotic fish drone
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Judge delays January trial on Penn State sanctions
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- 2 longtime Pittsburgh nonprofits agree to merge
- Hays ‘eagle cams’ reinstalled for 2015 nesting season
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin