New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities
- Health Center could reopen after court ruling
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Police: Woman tried to start fire at neighbor’s house in Derry Township