New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Franklin Regional runs past Hampton
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Opposing TEs took differing paths to greatness
- Knoch gets big boost from QB’s return in win over Hollidaysburg
- Penn-Trafford QB Laffoon sets career TD pass mark in rout of Hempfield
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Arizona, Texas university shootings kill 2