New FM all-sports station to fill B94 music spot
The Pittsburgh radio market's first FM all-sports station will start broadcasting on Feb. 15, as CBS Radio Pittsburgh launches Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan on music station B94's longtime frequency.
The station will feature local talk-show personalities, analysts and commentators and will be available on air, online at www937thefan.com and via mobile devices.
Its call letters will be KDKA-FM. Jeff Hathhorn, sports director for KDKA-AM, will take the same position for the FM station, and Terry Foxx, former program director for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn., will handle local programming.
B94's popular hits format will be blended with Hot AC Star 100.7, effective immediatly, CBS said. Popular B94 morning show host Bubba will move to the same time slot on Star, to join current hosts J.R. Randall and Shelley Duffy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- 30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Former athletes open businesses
- Easy recipes for game-day party planning
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse