WPXI content director off to Ohio
Mike Bothwell, WPXI's director of content and coverage, has been named news director at affiliate station WTOV9 in Steubenville, Ohio.
"Mike brings a wonderful background and experience to WTOV9," said Tim McCoy, vice president and general manager.
Before joining WPXI-TV in 2009, Bothwell, 34, was the news director/promotions director at KTVZ, the NBC affiliate in Bend, Ore. He also worked in Palm Desert, Calif., where he was the assistant news director at KESQ-TV (ABC); Philadelphia where he was the assignment manager at WTXF-TV, the Fox-owned and operated station; and Pittsburgh as the assignment manager at KDKA-TV (CBS).
Bothwell said he is looking forward to taking on another news director role while being able to stay close to home. He now lives in Hampton, and plans to move to a suburb west of Pittsburgh.
"This is by far an amazing place to work with such hard-working and wonderful people," he said of his time at WPXI in Pittsburgh. "I'm happy to stay with the company. Because we own the station there, it's a nice team effort."
Bothwell is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a major in broadcast communications. He will begin his new duties in early January.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Parking Authority settles suit over kiosks
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense