WPXI content director off to Ohio
Mike Bothwell, WPXI's director of content and coverage, has been named news director at affiliate station WTOV9 in Steubenville, Ohio.
"Mike brings a wonderful background and experience to WTOV9," said Tim McCoy, vice president and general manager.
Before joining WPXI-TV in 2009, Bothwell, 34, was the news director/promotions director at KTVZ, the NBC affiliate in Bend, Ore. He also worked in Palm Desert, Calif., where he was the assistant news director at KESQ-TV (ABC); Philadelphia where he was the assignment manager at WTXF-TV, the Fox-owned and operated station; and Pittsburgh as the assignment manager at KDKA-TV (CBS).
Bothwell said he is looking forward to taking on another news director role while being able to stay close to home. He now lives in Hampton, and plans to move to a suburb west of Pittsburgh.
"This is by far an amazing place to work with such hard-working and wonderful people," he said of his time at WPXI in Pittsburgh. "I'm happy to stay with the company. Because we own the station there, it's a nice team effort."
Bothwell is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a major in broadcast communications. He will begin his new duties in early January.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- 3 charged with selling heroin that killed Lower Burrell woman
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Improved play against zone keys Pitt’s turnaround
- Gorman: A victory for small-town teams
- Indiana boys beat Beaver Falls for 1st WPIAL basketball title
- Body found in rubble after Shaler house fire
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections