WPXI content director off to Ohio
Mike Bothwell, WPXI's director of content and coverage, has been named news director at affiliate station WTOV9 in Steubenville, Ohio.
"Mike brings a wonderful background and experience to WTOV9," said Tim McCoy, vice president and general manager.
Before joining WPXI-TV in 2009, Bothwell, 34, was the news director/promotions director at KTVZ, the NBC affiliate in Bend, Ore. He also worked in Palm Desert, Calif., where he was the assistant news director at KESQ-TV (ABC); Philadelphia where he was the assignment manager at WTXF-TV, the Fox-owned and operated station; and Pittsburgh as the assignment manager at KDKA-TV (CBS).
Bothwell said he is looking forward to taking on another news director role while being able to stay close to home. He now lives in Hampton, and plans to move to a suburb west of Pittsburgh.
"This is by far an amazing place to work with such hard-working and wonderful people," he said of his time at WPXI in Pittsburgh. "I'm happy to stay with the company. Because we own the station there, it's a nice team effort."
Bothwell is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a major in broadcast communications. He will begin his new duties in early January.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates