WPXI content director off to Ohio
Mike Bothwell, WPXI's director of content and coverage, has been named news director at affiliate station WTOV9 in Steubenville, Ohio.
"Mike brings a wonderful background and experience to WTOV9," said Tim McCoy, vice president and general manager.
Before joining WPXI-TV in 2009, Bothwell, 34, was the news director/promotions director at KTVZ, the NBC affiliate in Bend, Ore. He also worked in Palm Desert, Calif., where he was the assistant news director at KESQ-TV (ABC); Philadelphia where he was the assignment manager at WTXF-TV, the Fox-owned and operated station; and Pittsburgh as the assignment manager at KDKA-TV (CBS).
Bothwell said he is looking forward to taking on another news director role while being able to stay close to home. He now lives in Hampton, and plans to move to a suburb west of Pittsburgh.
"This is by far an amazing place to work with such hard-working and wonderful people," he said of his time at WPXI in Pittsburgh. "I'm happy to stay with the company. Because we own the station there, it's a nice team effort."
Bothwell is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a major in broadcast communications. He will begin his new duties in early January.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- U.S., Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria, Iraq
- Taxes at forefront of 1st Pa. governor debate between Corbett, Wolf
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- More than 700 babies exposed to tuberculosis in Texas
- Identities of theft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Pitt’s potent rushing attack could slow down the passing game
- Root Sports prepares for Pitt/WVU telecast overlap