WPXI content director off to Ohio
Mike Bothwell, WPXI's director of content and coverage, has been named news director at affiliate station WTOV9 in Steubenville, Ohio.
"Mike brings a wonderful background and experience to WTOV9," said Tim McCoy, vice president and general manager.
Before joining WPXI-TV in 2009, Bothwell, 34, was the news director/promotions director at KTVZ, the NBC affiliate in Bend, Ore. He also worked in Palm Desert, Calif., where he was the assistant news director at KESQ-TV (ABC); Philadelphia where he was the assignment manager at WTXF-TV, the Fox-owned and operated station; and Pittsburgh as the assignment manager at KDKA-TV (CBS).
Bothwell said he is looking forward to taking on another news director role while being able to stay close to home. He now lives in Hampton, and plans to move to a suburb west of Pittsburgh.
"This is by far an amazing place to work with such hard-working and wonderful people," he said of his time at WPXI in Pittsburgh. "I'm happy to stay with the company. Because we own the station there, it's a nice team effort."
Bothwell is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a major in broadcast communications. He will begin his new duties in early January.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Five taken to hospitals after school bus-SUV crash in Washington Township
- NFL notebook: Pierre-Paul reportedly set to return to Giants next week
- House Hunting: Highland Park home gets high-end treatment
- Spreading the wealth: Gardeners share the excitement of saving, sharing seeds
- McKeesport teen killed by school bus on Eden Park Boulevard
- News Alert
- Federal tax-fraud investigation appears to be closing in on North Hills businessman
- Stocks end roller-coaster day higher
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’