WPXI content director off to Ohio
Mike Bothwell, WPXI's director of content and coverage, has been named news director at affiliate station WTOV9 in Steubenville, Ohio.
"Mike brings a wonderful background and experience to WTOV9," said Tim McCoy, vice president and general manager.
Before joining WPXI-TV in 2009, Bothwell, 34, was the news director/promotions director at KTVZ, the NBC affiliate in Bend, Ore. He also worked in Palm Desert, Calif., where he was the assistant news director at KESQ-TV (ABC); Philadelphia where he was the assignment manager at WTXF-TV, the Fox-owned and operated station; and Pittsburgh as the assignment manager at KDKA-TV (CBS).
Bothwell said he is looking forward to taking on another news director role while being able to stay close to home. He now lives in Hampton, and plans to move to a suburb west of Pittsburgh.
"This is by far an amazing place to work with such hard-working and wonderful people," he said of his time at WPXI in Pittsburgh. "I'm happy to stay with the company. Because we own the station there, it's a nice team effort."
Bothwell is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a major in broadcast communications. He will begin his new duties in early January.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Blues-rock singer Joe Cocker dead at 70
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight
- Judge holds for trial 1 charge of theft against Pittsburgh homicide detective
- 1 person stabbed in South Connellsville
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues