PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pizza, other sweet treats offered at new Worthington restaurant
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins’ competition among bottom six
- Robbery suspect has bail modified
- Robert Morris wins, earns NEC quarterfinal home game
- Move to Canon-McMillan means less travel for wrestlers headed to Southwest Regional
- Easter Seals merger in Pennsylvania raises ethics concerns
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing
- Student suicide brings issue of bullying to fore in New Kensington-Arnold
- Woman identified in fatal Washington crash
- Broadway dancer became kind, skilled professor
- Henry G. Manne (1928-2015)