PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Area High School’s marching band to play national anthem at PNC Park
- 17 years later, late Frazier superintendent’s vision of new school nearly a reality
- North Allegheny puts season on the lines
- Cupboard’s not bare for Monessen boys
- New Kensington-Arnold School District officials to discuss anti-bullying proposals
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Alleged Donora Towers burglar jailed
- Derry Area teachers near contract
- Apollo fountain to return
- Pirates turn nifty double play in 9th, edge Marlins
- ‘Color Run’ planned for Mon Valley