PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC McKeesport president reiterates hospital will remain open
- ‘Last of the downtown mansions’ demolished in McKeesport
- McKeesport man whose dog bit officer waives charges to court
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- Dodgers rough up rusty starter Volquez, knock off Pirates at PNC Park
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- ACC notebook: Pitt predicted to finish 6th in Coastal Division