PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Two judges with Pittsburgh ties announce candidacies for Pa. Supreme Court
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- Pennsylvania human services agency gets new name
- Butler Township man in jail after reportedly holding woman at gunpoint
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- Bunny Mellon auction fetches $218 million
- 4 injured when vehicles collide, car plows into North Huntingdon auto body shop