PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- McKeesport Area teacher among winners at group’s inaugural Champions of Learning awards dinner
- McKeesport Area student’s prize-winning song about brother helps heal family tragedy’s wounds
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- Researchers uncover details to help get GOP candidates elected
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense