PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset grocery store
- Baldwin-Whitehall teacher charged with assault for hitting male student in chest
- Penn Hills teens risk arson charges, set car on fire for music video
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- First Draft: Craft brewers rally to help one of their own rebuild
- Hampton High dance event doubles fundraising goal
- Shaler Area incumbent out following primary voting
- Expert: Penn Hills loan could worsen stability
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport