PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jamie’s Dream Team founder says she will press on despite new illness
- North Versailles Township approves $6.79 million budget that keeps tax rates flat
- Rain can’t dampen ‘Let it Snow’ at Seton Hill campus
- Hospital finances still crying ‘ouch’
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- New Kensington-Arnold confronts ‘frightening’ budget situation
- Harmar to consider offer to drill under township land
- Trials ordered for two charged in Monongahela mugging case
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game