PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ejections, heated moments mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Slot CB Boykin gives Steelers options in secondary
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Making environmentalism divisive
- Latest debris found on French island not from missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Former Schenley star Kennedy leads Overseas Elite to $1 million prize
- Addision man killed in Route 40 collision
- News Alert