PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- The Penn State ‘conspiracy’
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- More companies embrace exchanges to curb health care costs
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Vandergrift Arts & Crafts Festival brings community together, shows off the town