PSO cellist to be guest of Westoreland Youth Symphony
Adam Liu, a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, will be featured on Wednesday in the season's first performance of the Westmoreland Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Liu will perform C.P.E. Bach's Concerto in B-flat in a concert that also will include three movements from Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 1, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Concerto for Flute and Harp and Igor Stravinsky's Second Suite for Small Orchestra.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Seton Hill University's Performing Arts Center, Greensburg. It is free. Details: 724-837-1850.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return