Gershwin revue to debut at CLO Cabaret
A new musical tribute to the Gershwin brothers will have its world premiere at the CLO Cabaret in June.
"'S Wonderful" will feature nearly 30 classic hits such as "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off," "Shall We Dance," "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "Rhapsody in Blue" as it follows world events and the careers and impact of George and Ira Gershwin from New York City in 1916 to Paris in the 1930s, Hollywood in the 1940s and New Orleans in the 1950s.
Ray Roderick will direct the five mini-musicals that make up this all-singing, all-dancing revue, which Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera is producing in partnership with Maximum Entertainment Productions, and producers Todd Gershwin, great-nephew of George and Ira Gershwin, and Daniel Chilewich of Premiere Media,
The show will run June 17 through Sept. 29 at the CLO Cabaret, 655 Penn Ave., Downtown. Individual tickets, $34.50 to $44.50, go on sale March 29.
Details: 412-456-6666 or www.pittsburghclo.org .
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Century Inn owner hopes to reopen Washington County landmark, gutted by fire, by end of next year
- France honors attack victims in city subdued by mourning
- Pittsburgh nonprofit 412 Food Rescue takes surplus food to needy
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run