BANKING AND FINANCE
• First Commonwealth Bank promoted Joseph Brennan to senior vice president, corporate banking.
• James R. Franks joined The Webb Law Firm. He has experience in chemical patent practice.
• Piyush Seth joined Tucker Arensberg P.C. as a shareholder, enabling the firm to launch an immigration law practice. Seth's background includes business immigration, contract/commercial litigation, tax and business structuring.
• At University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health: Renee Walker , doctoral candidate, was selected for the 2009 Kellogg Health Scholars Program; Sandra Quinn , associate dean for student affairs and education and associate professor, was the communications instructor for the Senior Crisis Management Seminar at the American University; Felicia Wu , assistant professor in the department of environmental and occupational health, is a member of a team of researchers from around the world who received a $2.7 million Gates Foundation grant to assess aflatoxin interventions in Mali, Kenya and Uganda.
• Home health care administrator Noreen Brown was named director of West Penn Allegheny Health System Home Care Program, formed from the integration of programs at Allegheny General Hospital and The Western Pennsylvania Hospital.
• Thomas M. Priselac , University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health alumnus and president and chief executive officer of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, became chairman of the American Hospital Association's board of trustees
• The Children's Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center welcomed Daniel Musher as development director.
• Bernard Ott was appointed clinical manager of Gateway Pleasant Hills.
• Erdman Anthony opened a new office 4955 Steubenville Pike and hired transportation engineers Joseph Bechel , Suzanne Firestone and Bernard Zimmovan . Zimmovan will manage the office.
• Towers Perrin, Pittsburgh office, in its retirement practice, hired as associates: Jeff Johns , Rich Marchione , Erin Hayden , Mike Zelch , Diane Durkin and Nick Koll ; and as a senior consultant, Tom DeFilippo . David Eisenreich was promoted to principal in the retirement practice. Pittsburgh office, executive compensation and rewards practice, hired as associates: Maeve Beer and Mike Grasso . Jonathan Cantwell was promoted to principal in Pittsburgh's health and welfare practice.
• Conrad Dan Volz , associate professor, department of environmental and occupational health, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, received the James L. Craig Award for Teaching Excellence.
• Constance Bayles , program director for the Center for Healthy Aging, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, and Joe Robare , past member of the center, presented the results of a program to train older adults to be health ambassadors in their communities at the 20th Annual National Conference on Chronic Disease Prevention & Control.
Show commenting policy