PPG Industries Inc. appointed Michael T. Hartings general manager of its protective and marine coatings business.
Clayton E. Gregg IV , a senior accountant with McClure & Wolf Certified Public Accountants, received his license to practice as a certified public accountant. He specializes in performing audits of nonprofit organizations and local government entities.
• Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC shareholders at the Pittsburgh office who were nominated fellows of the American Bar Foundation include Wendelynne J. Newton , litigation section; Robert A. Johnson , tax section; and David J. Laurent , labor and employment section. Margaret B. Angel , a shareholder in the firm's Pittsburgh office, financial services section, was elected president of the Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers. Ellen Freeman , counsel in the firm's Pittsburgh office immigration section, was elected president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Pittsburgh chapter.
• Thorp Reed & Armstrong LLP associate Jenifer Slinskey-Tarasi , a member of the firm's intellectual property practice, was elected to the executive committee of the Enterprise Forum of Pittsburgh.
• Cohen & Grigsby Pittsburgh office director Nancy Heilman , a member of the labor and employment, and litigation practice groups, was elected to the board of governors for the Allegheny County Bar Association.
William C. Price III accepted a teaching position in the linguistics department of the University of Pittsburgh.
• Canonsburg General Hospital employees Karen Clark , director of materials management, and Terry Wiltrout , vice president of operations, each earned master's of business administration degrees, with a concentration in health care administration, from Waynesburg University; and Anne Veres , director of rehabilitation services, received a doctorate of physical therapy from Chatham University.
• The Gateway Rehab medical director, Dr. Neil Capretto , is among the first to be certified and awarded diplomate status by the American Board of Addiction Medicine, a new independent medical specialty board.
• Bill Hildebrandt , registered nurse, was named clinical supervisor of the surgical intensive care unit at Butler Memorial Hospital.
• The National Energy Technology Laboratory selected Kristen L. McCormick as an information technology specialist.
Alex McCarthy was named sales director of Mr. John of Pittsburgh and Tri-Boro Trailer.
• Cherelle Dankins received this year's School and Community Service Award from Kiwanis Club of Wilkinsburg. A senior at Wilkinsburg Senior High School, she had a dual enrollment at Community College of Allegheny County, studying juvenile justice.
• Local author Rita Bergstein 's first picture book, "Your Own Big Bed," was selected as a Bank Street College of Education's Best Book of the Year.
• Compliance Management International opened an office in Moon, managed by John LaFayette . Contact at 412-432-9868.Additional Information:
Your Own Big Bed
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Offense continues to click as Panthers hold off Kent State, 85-76
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life