Washington Financial Bank hired Tim Grady as a vice president in its business banking department.
• K&L Gates LLP welcomed Ellen Freeman as of counsel in the firm's Pittsburgh office. A member of the firm's labor & employment practice, she is an immigration lawyer who focuses in biotechnology, pharmaceutical and academia.
• At Eckert Seamans Cherin and Mellott LLC, Marcia L. DePaula , Southpointe office, and Peggy C. Heminger and William T. Polaski , both Pittsburgh office, were elevated to members. DePaula represents hospitals, manufacturers and corporate clients in labor relations. Heminger has a general corporate law and transactions practice. Polaski focuses his practice in general civil litigation, with emphasis in product liability.
ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Brunner welcomed: Sam Insalaco as project manager, Andy Coleman as media planner/buyer, Kasey Schroeder as assistant media planner/buyer, Terri Roble as associate marketing manager and Gary Moury as vice president, director of finance.
• Quest Fore hired Dan Sommer as director for client and project services.
• GatesmanMarmionDrake+Dave Inc. hired Dave Croyle as traffic manager.
• Marcie Patton was appointed director of human resources by Jameson Health System.
• Family practice physicians who joined Juniper Village at Huntingdon Ridge Assisted Living and Wellspring Memory Care senior living communities: Drs. Ken Gibson of Partners in Health, UPMC; Veronica Pratt of Irwin Primary Care Associates; and Nichols DiCroce of Odyssey Healthcare.
Albert B. Ciuksza Jr. , a market research analyst for the Allegheny Conference on Community Development, was appointed to the board of directors of 3 Rivers Connect.
• NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, elected these officers to its board of directors: President, Richard Donley , Cranberry Business Park Associates LP; president elect, Lynn R. DeLorenzo , DeLorenzo & Co. LLC; treasurer, Christine Vann , Alpern Rosenthal & Co.; and secretary, Lou Oliva , Jones Lang LaSalle.
• USG Insurance Services Inc. promoted Cara Delestienne to corporate trainer.
• Mike Harvey was named water business group leader in HDR's Pittsburgh office.
Assistant editor Ryan Gehm and SAE International's Automotive Engineering International magazine received a silver award in the Truck Writers of North America's Communication Awards competition for the article, "Truckin' Along."
Cidalia Duarte opened Boutique la Passerelle at 417 Wood St., Downtown. The women's clothing, shoes and accessories boutique features European designers and styles, including Bus Urban Wear.