Consol Energy funds Boy Scout bridge in West Virginia
Coal and natural gas producer Consol Energy Inc., based in Cecil, Washington County, will give $15 million to build a 700-foot bridge at a national Boy Scout high adventure center planned in West Virginia.
The Consol Energy Bridge will connect the main part of The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in the New River Gorge region to the eastern half of the reserve's land.
A $50 million foundation gift is building the center, which will provide activities for 50,000 youths each year such as whitewater rafting, rock climbing and mountain biking.
Similar centers are in New Mexico, Minnesota and Florida.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Warrant issued for man accused of killing Brookline woman
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Emails among Governor Wolf’s aides reveal concern over AG Kane
- Traded after Stanley Cup, Saad not alone in being dealt after title
- Memories of Steelers fan from Beaver Falls go beyond simple recall