Consol Energy funds Boy Scout bridge in West Virginia
Coal and natural gas producer Consol Energy Inc., based in Cecil, Washington County, will give $15 million to build a 700-foot bridge at a national Boy Scout high adventure center planned in West Virginia.
The Consol Energy Bridge will connect the main part of The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in the New River Gorge region to the eastern half of the reserve's land.
A $50 million foundation gift is building the center, which will provide activities for 50,000 youths each year such as whitewater rafting, rock climbing and mountain biking.
Similar centers are in New Mexico, Minnesota and Florida.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Malkin, Hornqvist return to Penguins lineup vs. Coyotes
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Key Pennsylvania judicial races dot landscape
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest