Consol Energy funds Boy Scout bridge in West Virginia
Coal and natural gas producer Consol Energy Inc., based in Cecil, Washington County, will give $15 million to build a 700-foot bridge at a national Boy Scout high adventure center planned in West Virginia.
The Consol Energy Bridge will connect the main part of The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in the New River Gorge region to the eastern half of the reserve's land.
A $50 million foundation gift is building the center, which will provide activities for 50,000 youths each year such as whitewater rafting, rock climbing and mountain biking.
Similar centers are in New Mexico, Minnesota and Florida.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Quiz Bowl at Penn State Fayette gets students’ competitive juices flowing
- Holiday movie gives Cal U students get 2 seconds of fame