Stephen H. Heilman , a partner with Malin Bergquist & Co., was named to The Pittsburgh Foundation's professional advisors committee.
• Carol A. Behers , a principal in Raphael, Ramsden & Behers P.C., was elected to serve a second term on the Pennsylavnia Bar Institute's board of directors.
• Penina Kessler Lieber , who practices nonprofit and tax-exempt law in the Pittsburgh office of Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP, was elected treasurer of the Pennsylavnia Bar Institute's board of directors.
• Ellen Freeman , an immigration lawyer in the Pittsburgh office of K&L Gates LLP, was re-elected chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association's Pittsburgh chapter.
At UPMC Health Plan: Dr. Qi Zhou was named executive director for quality performance management; and Dr. Stephen E. Perkins was named senior medical director of the plan and senior medical director of UPMC Work Partners.
• EQT Corp. promoted: Steven Schlotterbeck to senior vice president; M. Elise "Lisa" Hyland to president, commercial operations; and William Lucas to executive vice president, Equitable Gas Co. Schlotterbeck will continue to serve as president of the corporation's exploration and production business.
• Pittsburgh Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church (USA) elected to the Pittsburgh Presbyterian Foundation's board of directors: the Rev. Janet Edwards , member at large of Pittsburgh Presbytery; David Lavender , retired industrial magazine editor and marketing manager, named board secretary; Robert Patton, retired lawyer and former chairman of Union National Corp.; and the Rev. Carl Templin , former president of New Wilmington Missionary Conference Endowment Foundation.
• James Kunkel , director of the St. Vincent College Small Business Development Center, and Vickie Gyenes , senior market analyst of the St. Vincent College Center for Global Competitiveness, accepted the President's "E" Certificate for Export Service from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
• Claire Santagati Vatz is this year's honoree of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Speech, Language and Hearing Association. She owns Claire Santagati Vatz, M.A.,C.C.C, INC.
• The Pennsylvania Bar Association recognized as Pro Bono Award winners: Duquesne University School of Law Unemployment Compensation Clinic ; Judge Joseph M. James , Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Judges Award; Deborah Kutzavitch , The Hillman Co.; F.J. Lucchino , Uptown Legal Clinic based at Bethlehem Haven; Judge Michael E. McCarthy , Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Judges Award; Nicole Scialabba , Neighborhood Legal Services Association, Joanne Ross Wilder , Wilder & Mahood P.C.; and University of Pittsburgh School of Law Unemployment Compensation Practicum .
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Gameday: Pirates at Cubs, April 27, 2015
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Plum school officials ignoring help, advocacy group’s chief says
- Man fatally stabbed in Braddock Hills
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Pirates’ Cole reinforces status as emerging ace
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama