Stephen H. Heilman , a partner with Malin Bergquist & Co., was named to The Pittsburgh Foundation's professional advisors committee.
• Carol A. Behers , a principal in Raphael, Ramsden & Behers P.C., was elected to serve a second term on the Pennsylavnia Bar Institute's board of directors.
• Penina Kessler Lieber , who practices nonprofit and tax-exempt law in the Pittsburgh office of Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP, was elected treasurer of the Pennsylavnia Bar Institute's board of directors.
• Ellen Freeman , an immigration lawyer in the Pittsburgh office of K&L Gates LLP, was re-elected chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association's Pittsburgh chapter.
At UPMC Health Plan: Dr. Qi Zhou was named executive director for quality performance management; and Dr. Stephen E. Perkins was named senior medical director of the plan and senior medical director of UPMC Work Partners.
• EQT Corp. promoted: Steven Schlotterbeck to senior vice president; M. Elise "Lisa" Hyland to president, commercial operations; and William Lucas to executive vice president, Equitable Gas Co. Schlotterbeck will continue to serve as president of the corporation's exploration and production business.
• Pittsburgh Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church (USA) elected to the Pittsburgh Presbyterian Foundation's board of directors: the Rev. Janet Edwards , member at large of Pittsburgh Presbytery; David Lavender , retired industrial magazine editor and marketing manager, named board secretary; Robert Patton, retired lawyer and former chairman of Union National Corp.; and the Rev. Carl Templin , former president of New Wilmington Missionary Conference Endowment Foundation.
• James Kunkel , director of the St. Vincent College Small Business Development Center, and Vickie Gyenes , senior market analyst of the St. Vincent College Center for Global Competitiveness, accepted the President's "E" Certificate for Export Service from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
• Claire Santagati Vatz is this year's honoree of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Speech, Language and Hearing Association. She owns Claire Santagati Vatz, M.A.,C.C.C, INC.
• The Pennsylvania Bar Association recognized as Pro Bono Award winners: Duquesne University School of Law Unemployment Compensation Clinic ; Judge Joseph M. James , Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Judges Award; Deborah Kutzavitch , The Hillman Co.; F.J. Lucchino , Uptown Legal Clinic based at Bethlehem Haven; Judge Michael E. McCarthy , Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Judges Award; Nicole Scialabba , Neighborhood Legal Services Association, Joanne Ross Wilder , Wilder & Mahood P.C.; and University of Pittsburgh School of Law Unemployment Compensation Practicum .
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Rainy summer delays paving projects in New Kensington
- Former South Park coach Loughran optimistic about Fox Chapel’s prospects
- O’Neil jumps right in to AD duties at Kiski Area
- Winfield Community Park restroom project stalls over high contractor bids
- Porter’s passion for discus places him among nation’s best throwers
- Roman Catholic Church in midst of culture clash over gays