• Polymer Enterprises Inc. promoted Jack W. Armstrong to vice president and chief information officer.
• The Economic Club of Pittsburgh announced these officers: President, Kevin Acklin , Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl Inc.; vice president of programs, Lauren Lawley Head , Pittsburgh Business Times; vice president of publicity, Craig Thomas , The PNC Financial Services Group; treasurer, Debbie Scarpari , Sisterson & Co.; vice president of membership, William Egan ; vice president of student affairs, Charles Wilf , Duquesne University; secretary, Diane Panzak , The PNC Financial Services Group. Board members: Ken Cuccinelli , Quest Fore, Stuart G. Hoffman ¸The PNC Financial Services Group, Marvin Goodfriend , Carnegie Mellon University, Mark C. Larson , Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC, Alan Miciak , Duquesne University.
• Elected to the board of directors of Mon-Vale Health Resources Inc.: Chairman, John D. Fry , president and owner of Procurement Specialty Group Inc.; vice chairman, R. Carlyn Belczyk , certified public accountant; secretary, Jeff M. Kotula , president of the Washington County Chamber of Commerce.
• Keith Miller joined Herbert, Rowland & Grubic Inc. as project manager of the firm's land development group.
• Newton Consulting LLC hired: Debi Owens as senior benefits consultant in the health and welfare benefits practice area; and John Catlos as senior program manager in the project management office practice area.
Business Gallery is a listing of promotions, hirings and other personnel moves at area companies. Submitted items should include contact names and telephone numbers. Photographs should bear the names of the individuals. Items may be mailed to: Business Gallery, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, D.L. Clark Building, 503 Martindale St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212, faxed to 412-320-7921 or e-mailed to email@example.com">'>HREF="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"> email@example.com . For the Greensburg edition, items may be mailed to Business Calendar, Tribune-Review, 622 Cabin Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601-1692, faxed to 724-838-5171or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org">'>HREF="mailto:email@example.com"> firstname.lastname@example.org .
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.