Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Feds investigating millions embezzled from Matthews International Corp. of Pittsburgh
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- 22-month-old boy shot, killed in North Side; stepfather charged
- Former state Sen. Orie appealing corruption conviction to federal court
- Hacker stuns Dayton family with computer takeover
- Western Pa. played role, was transformed by victory in World War II
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Student violinist,Valley School of Ligonier reach settlement
- Youngstown State looking for repeat performance against Pitt