Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Pitt notebook: Offensive struggles continue
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Slippery Rock halts late rally, advances to D-II quarterfinals