Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sprint cancels Framily, rolls out new data pricing plan
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Pleasant Hills OKs proposal for Weiss Meats warehouse
- Frances McClure Intermediate School starts foreign language academy program
- Retired McKeesport police officer to pay fine for involvement in gambling ring
- Former Elizabeth Forward custodian’s attorney denies allegations
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Report critical of Pittsburgh police during stop that left man paralyzed
- Lincoln adopts vicious dog ordinance