Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Fallout from child protection law felt in Pa. churches, libraries, fields
- Missing deaf, autistic teen last seen on North Side
- Shell shovels $30M into proposed Beaver County plant site
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Implant gives epileptics chance at ‘new life’
- As college football training camps open, defenses fall under microscope