Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Butler County initiative aims to find employment for struggling job-seekers
- Sony hack signals new, public front in cyber warfare