Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitching prospect Kingham undergoes Tommy John surgery
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Crews rescue worker trapped in Lawrenceville trench collapse
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Ex-S. Allegheny teacher held on sex assault counts
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7 1/2 years in prison
- Task force to plot ways of easing gas glut in Pennsylvania via pipelines
- Animals perish in devastating fire at exotic pet store in Indiana County