Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Woman hurt in Harrison trailer fire
- Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Satisfy your sweet tooth in Pittsburgh with treats from ethnic bakeries
- Chevron puts Moon HQ plans on hold
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson