Lanxess, PPG, Nova donate to Haiti relief
Three Pittsburgh-based companies are providing clean-water solutions to cholera-plagued Haiti, working through Deep Spring International, a Grove City-based nonprofit aimed at providing safe drinking water for the troubled country.
Lanxess Corp. is donating $250,000, plus household water purification systems and supplies.
PPG Industries Inc. is supplying about 2,750 pounds of tables to kill harmful bacteria in water.
Nova Chemicals Corp. is providing high-density polyethylene for making water purification systems on site.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- Bell Township museum delighted to receive WWI uniform of prominent native son
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA
- Playoff losses motivate West Mifflin boys soccer
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- New Allegheny Valley Joint Sewage Authority manager welcomes challenge
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Remember the Lusitania!
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process