Christine J. Prontock , of Edward Jones in Bridgeville, achieved the professional designation chartered financial consultant.
Aaryn Moses , a senior accountant in the audit practice of ParenteBeard LLC, Pittsburgh office, passed the CPA exam.
• Tucker Arensberg P.C. named Scott R. Leah a shareholder. He is a member of both the firm's litigation department and its labor and employment practice group.
• Robert Conway joined Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane P.C. as firm administrator.
• Sarah Engle is an employee benefits and executive compensation associate with the Pittsburgh office of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP.
• Excela Health named Helen K. Burns chief nursing officer.
• Dr. Howard J. Senter has an office and is taking new patients at Forbes Regional Hospital, 2566 Haymaker Road, Suite 107. Senter specializes in the surgical treatment of neck and back disorders, peripheral nerve disorders and disorders of the brain. He is certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgeons. To contact, call 412-682-6800.
• Brian C. Vertz was elected to the board of trustees of Crafton Public Library. Vertz is a partner of law firm Pollock Begg Komar Glasser LLC.
• Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank's board of directors elected: president, Matthew Swider , co-founder of Amcom Office Systems, retired; vice president, Deno DeCiantis , director of Penn State Center -- Pittsburgh; secretary, Melvin Steals , vice president, treasury management division, PNC Financial Services Group; and treasurer, Rocco D'Angelo , chief executive officer, D'Angelo & Associates -- Certified Public Accountants. The board welcomed members: Amy Lewis , a certified public accountant at Maher Duessel; and Kenneth Johnston , vice president of operations at Peoples Natural Gas. Kevin Holden , senior vice president and general manager of Bay Valley Foods/TreeHouse Foods, was elected board member emeritus.
• John Putzier is chief executive officer of the Greater Pittsburgh Automobile Dealers Association.
• Al Zelt , director of sales and marketing for ASKO Inc., was elected to the board of directors of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International.
• Kenneth R. Balkey , a consulting engineer in the engineering services business segment of Westinghouse Electric Co., was appointed senior vice president-elect of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Council on Standards and Certification.
Melissa Murphy , senior vice president of corporate affairs and human resources at StarKist Co., was named Best Executive at the Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives