Christine J. Prontock , of Edward Jones in Bridgeville, achieved the professional designation chartered financial consultant.
Aaryn Moses , a senior accountant in the audit practice of ParenteBeard LLC, Pittsburgh office, passed the CPA exam.
• Tucker Arensberg P.C. named Scott R. Leah a shareholder. He is a member of both the firm's litigation department and its labor and employment practice group.
• Robert Conway joined Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane P.C. as firm administrator.
• Sarah Engle is an employee benefits and executive compensation associate with the Pittsburgh office of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP.
• Excela Health named Helen K. Burns chief nursing officer.
• Dr. Howard J. Senter has an office and is taking new patients at Forbes Regional Hospital, 2566 Haymaker Road, Suite 107. Senter specializes in the surgical treatment of neck and back disorders, peripheral nerve disorders and disorders of the brain. He is certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgeons. To contact, call 412-682-6800.
• Brian C. Vertz was elected to the board of trustees of Crafton Public Library. Vertz is a partner of law firm Pollock Begg Komar Glasser LLC.
• Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank's board of directors elected: president, Matthew Swider , co-founder of Amcom Office Systems, retired; vice president, Deno DeCiantis , director of Penn State Center -- Pittsburgh; secretary, Melvin Steals , vice president, treasury management division, PNC Financial Services Group; and treasurer, Rocco D'Angelo , chief executive officer, D'Angelo & Associates -- Certified Public Accountants. The board welcomed members: Amy Lewis , a certified public accountant at Maher Duessel; and Kenneth Johnston , vice president of operations at Peoples Natural Gas. Kevin Holden , senior vice president and general manager of Bay Valley Foods/TreeHouse Foods, was elected board member emeritus.
• John Putzier is chief executive officer of the Greater Pittsburgh Automobile Dealers Association.
• Al Zelt , director of sales and marketing for ASKO Inc., was elected to the board of directors of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International.
• Kenneth R. Balkey , a consulting engineer in the engineering services business segment of Westinghouse Electric Co., was appointed senior vice president-elect of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Council on Standards and Certification.
Melissa Murphy , senior vice president of corporate affairs and human resources at StarKist Co., was named Best Executive at the Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Some Thomas Jefferson HS parents told to bring more appropriate clothes to school for their kids
- Paramedics rescue flip-flop-wearing man from steep hillside
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- 10 awesome things you didn’t know your phone could do
- Young adults drive home rental trend in Western Pennsylvania
- Moon man arrested on child porn charges
- End in sight for Route 28 construction
- Harrison fire cause can’t be found
- Quaker Valley football team looks to overcome injuries
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- New Ken-Arnold board asked to mediate between football groups