Goff Backa Alfera & Co. added Gina Enos as a supervisor in their tax group and Dana Kelly as an administrative assistant.
ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS
Stern Advertising & Public Relations promoted Kerry Ford-Tomkowitz to vice president, group public relations director.
• David A. Gurwin , a shareholder in the corporate finance & technology section of law firm Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney's Pittsburgh office, was elected president of the Hampton School Board.
• Barbara H. Nakles , secretary-treasurer of the board of Iris Technologies, has earned emeritus status on Thiel College's board of trustees.
Dr. Jennifer L. Lewis , a general internist/hospitalist, will begin a term in 2011 as president of the Washington County Medical Society. Lewis practices at Waterdam Medical Associates and Canonsburg General Hospital. She serves as assistant professor of medicine, Drexel University School of Medicine.
Tara Dudash was appointed youth outreach specialist at Gateway Rehabilitation Center.
• RPA Engineering named Thomas J. Santarelli senior electrical engineer. He is based in Western Pennsylvania.
• Rachael A. Pagone and Timothy G. Allen joined Henderson Brothers Inc., both as producers in the firm's property & casualty division.
• Walker Benefits Inc. appointed William Nesbitt director of sales and operations.
• The Joint Committee of American Institute of Architects Pittsburgh Chapter and Master Builders' Association of Western Pennsylvania appointed Joseph Chaffin to serve the committee as a representative of AIA Pittsburgh. Chaffin is director of architecture for the design department at Michael Baker Corp., Baker & Associates.
• Allegheny County Airport Authority appointed Paul L. Hoback Jr. director of maintenance.
• Ellen Marcus , financial advisor for Oppenheimer & Co., won a Women of Integrity award.
• Dr. Thomas Franz , medical director at HealthSouth Harmarville Rehabilitation Hospital, received HealthSouth's Clinical Excellence Award. A specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation with a focus on brain injury rehabilitation, Franz is president of Choice Care Physicians group practice.
• Sue Kozak , clinical coordinator for Pressley Ridge Day School Pittsburgh, received the organization's Outstanding Supervisor Award.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Vasquez to fight for title in Pittsburgh
- Alle-Kiski Valley native returns to roots for first novel, ‘Brutal Youth’
- UPMC software eases physicians’ access to diverse patient records
- Western Pennsylvania thrift shops accept many items — but not guns, skulls
- Pirates prospect Bell gets a taste of big league lifestyle
- Monessen WWII vets due recognition
- Crews search Allegheny River for man who fell from jet ski
- Armstrong County Pasta maker takes his fruit-filled pierogi to Kennywood
- Pennsylvania bans those under 17 from using UV light beds
- Struggling nonprofit Hill House Association asking Pittsburgh for support
- Outdoors notebook: A 2nd elk tag will be available each fall