Ivan T. Hofmann , a director and shareholder with Gleason & Associates, earned the certified licensing professional credential.
Dapper, Baldasare, Benson, Behling & Kane P. C. elected Christopher M. Jacobs as a shareholder. The focus of Jacobs' practice is insurance bad faith, insurance coverage and commercial litigation.
Kathleen Glenister Roberts is now director of the Duquesne University Honors College. She is an associate professor in the department of communication and rhetorical studies in the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
POISE Foundation hired Shirrell T. Burton as director of development.
• The board of directors of Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta elected: Chairman, John Bonassi , senior consultant and adjunct professor, Gary E. West College of Business at West Liberty University; vice chairman, Joe Kirk , chairman, Point of Pittsburgh Sailing League, and executive director, Mon Valley Progress Council; vice chairman, J.D. Fogarty , development director, Port of Pittsburgh Commission; assistant secretary and general counsel, Greg Harbaugh , a partner with law firm Houston Harbaugh P.C.; and treasurer, Dennis Tubbs , Southwest Region of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
• The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification announced that Nicholas Ruffner and Patrick Thomas , both of Bee Clean Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, have qualified as Certified Carpet Cleaning Technicians.
• Pennsylvania American Water recognized Lynn Roehm with its Extra Mile award. Roehm is supervisor at the company's Mount Oliver meter shop, Pittsburgh District.
• Brianne Kemp received the Women's Business Network Inc. Jean Walsh Scholarship Award. Kemp has a chiropractic practice in Wexford.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Online sales, promotions give Pittsburgh-area stores global reach
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman