David L. Britten joined U. S. Steel Corp. as vice president, tubular technology and business development, a newly created position.
F.N.B. Wealth Management hired Thomas "TJ" Reisdorf Jr. as vice president and relationship manager and Kathleen Minnock as vice president and financial advisor.
The Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence at University of Pittsburgh's Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business welcomed Lee Baierl to its advisory board. Bairel is president and dealer operator of Baierl Automotive.
Allegheny Valley Hospital welcomed to its medical staff the physicians of West Penn Medical Associates. All specialize in internal medicine. Drs. Andrew Adams , Michael Gluhanick , Brian Johnson and Christina Sabeh are seeing patients at 333 Allegheny Ave., Oakmont. For an appointment, call 412-826-9229. Dr. Donald Wilfong is accepting new patients at 105 Hill Ave. Cheswick. For an appointment, call 724-274-8812.
The Andy Warhol Museum appointed Patrick Moore director of development.
• Mary F. Crawford was designated a certified construction manager by the Construction Manager Certification Institute. Crawford is founder and president of Crawford Consulting Services Inc.
• The Master Builders' Association board of directors appointed Christy Uffelman to serve on the association's education committee. Uffelman is vice president, employee & organizational development, Mascaro Construction Co. LP.
Duquesne University faculty members were honored for their achievements in teaching by the university's Center for Teaching Excellence. In the School of Education, Tammy L. Hughes and Laura M. Crothers developed a teaching technology to improve student skills in school psychology consultation. Hughes is chair of the department of counseling, psychology and special education and inaugural holder of the Martin Hehir, C.S.Sp., Chair in Scholarly Excellence. Carothers is director of the school psychology program and an associate professor. In the Mylan School of Pharmacy, Marsha McFalls , director of the Center for Pharmacy Practice and assistant professor of pharmacy practice, was recognized for her work in self-care and home diagnostic testing. Autumn Stewart , assistant professor of pharmacy practice, Ira Buckner and Peter Wildfong , both assistant professors of pharmaceutics, all set up a mock case involving medication errors and had students develop questions that linked patient safety regulations with pharmacy concepts, helping to better relate course work to future practice.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Man, 19, wounded in Brighton Heights shooting
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Gorman: Central’s Wheeler ‘made the play we needed’
- Penn State notebook: Franklin maps out plan to join Big Ten elite
- Drones hover at top of holiday wish lists
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Batteries key to alternative energy’s success
- WPIAL Class AAAA notes: P-T unable to snap playoff skid vs. Central Catholic