• Thaddeus J. Clements resigned from his position as executive vice president /strategic resources, First Commonwealth Financial Corp.
• William M. Perfett joined Merrill Lynch, Cranberry office, as a financial adviser.
• D.B. Root & Co. hired Nathan Glaser as a registered assistant.
The Binkley Kanavy Group promoted Amy Janocsko to senior associate.
• Janet Best , chief operating officer of Edgar Snyder & Associates, received a certified legal manager certificate from the Association of Legal Administrators.
• Michelle L. Kopnski joined Dinsmore as a partner in the Pittsburgh office's corporate department and as a member of its taxation practice group. Kopnski's practice focuses on complex corporate transactions and on federal, state and local taxation.
ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS
• GatesmanMarmion+Dave hired: Kathy Oldaker as director of media; Linda Nawrocki as director of interactive; Christy Goodman as account executive; Caroline Bovalino as assistant account executive; Sam Panico as senior copywriter; Jeff Barton as senior art director; and Jenna Lo Castro as account coordinator.
Robert Morris University appointed to its board of trustees:
Jeff D. Bergman , private investor and consultant and real estate developer; Kevin Colbert , general manager of the Pittsburgh Steelers; Margaret Hardt DiCuccio , vice president of patient care services and chief nursing officer, UPMC Mercy Hospital; Dr. Margaret Larkins-Pettigrew , department of obstetrics/gynecology, University Hospital Case Medical Center, Cleveland; and Robin R. Sanders , international affairs advisor, Africare.
Canonsburg General Hospital appointed Dr. Peter Moulder IV to its medical staff. Moulder practices internal medicine and has joined the Primary Care Professionals group.
Bill Chambers , founder of the former LeftHand Networks, joined the board of directors of Avere Systems.
Central Electric Cooperative's board of directors elected as officers: President, Margery S. Terwilliger , Armstrong County; vice president, Jody P. Weaver , Clarion County; and secretary / treasurer, Althea M. Smith , Venango County. Members elected: Rick Weaver , Clarion County; and Bette Walters , Forest County.
Cheryl A. Parzych , executive vice president / wealth services, First Commonwealth Bank, was appointed to the Society of Contemporary Craft board of directors.
Darryl J. Ozimek , an instructor of physics in Duquesne University's Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, received the school's Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Experts: If health insurers’ safeguard goes broke, consumers could pay
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Elites, media & character
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Gameday: Pirates at Diamondbacks, April 26, 2015
- Hip science: Rock-star physicists make tough concepts easier to understand