Washington Financial Bank hired Jeffery Francona as an assistant vice president, business banking.
Joining ParenteBeard LLC, Pittsburgh region, all as staff accountant I: Lauren Borowicz , Jenna Erfort , Ryan Goll , Lindsey Isherwood and Vanessa Pappas , all in the firm's audit and accounting services practice; and Aurielle Cummings and April Schreckengost , both in the firm's tax services practice.
• Robert Max Junker , an associate with the Law Offices of Ira Weiss, was named to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives property assessment task force, representing the Pennsylvania School Boards Association. Junker focuses his practice in municipal law, land use and zoning, and education law.
• Goehring, Rutter & Boehm added Matthew J. Rippin to the firm's real estate law group, with a focus on commercial real estate.
ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Apple Box Studios named Dan Brettholle a senior graphic designer.
• Bill O'Rourke is now director of business ethics at the Beard Institute in the Duquesne University Palumbo-Donahue School of Business.
• Mary Ann Rafoth was named dean of the School of Education and Social Sciences at Robert Morris University.
Canonsburg General Hospital appointed Dr. Carol Slomski to its medical staff. A board certified surgeon with a specialization in breast surgery, Slomski focuses on diseases of the breast, including malignant and benign breast cancer risk assessment and prevention. She joined Dr. Donald Keenan in the Canonsburg Center for Women's Health.
Dolores J. Lowery was named vice president of corporate affairs and community involvement for FirstEnergy Corp. and president of the FirstEnergy Foundation. She succeeds Mary Beth Carroll , who retired.
The National Aviary named Mike Marcus marketing manager and promoted Laura King to the newly created position of visitor services supervisor.
• John Harrocks joined the Tarentum office of R.A. Smith National as a survey technician.
• West Penn Testing Group named Albert R. Fletcher director of sales.
• Michael Baker Jr. Inc. appointed David W. McFayden senior vice president and managing director of international operations.
• Dan Freyer joined Jendoco Construction Corp. as project manager and mechanical coordinator.
Lea E. Anderson of Goehring, Rutter & Boehm served as a course leader of Penn State Law's "Collaborative Law Training: The Basics and More," sponsored in part by Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Anderson concentrates her family law practice in the methods of collaborative law.