Washington Financial Bank hired Jeffery Francona as an assistant vice president, business banking.
Joining ParenteBeard LLC, Pittsburgh region, all as staff accountant I: Lauren Borowicz , Jenna Erfort , Ryan Goll , Lindsey Isherwood and Vanessa Pappas , all in the firm's audit and accounting services practice; and Aurielle Cummings and April Schreckengost , both in the firm's tax services practice.
• Robert Max Junker , an associate with the Law Offices of Ira Weiss, was named to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives property assessment task force, representing the Pennsylvania School Boards Association. Junker focuses his practice in municipal law, land use and zoning, and education law.
• Goehring, Rutter & Boehm added Matthew J. Rippin to the firm's real estate law group, with a focus on commercial real estate.
ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Apple Box Studios named Dan Brettholle a senior graphic designer.
• Bill O'Rourke is now director of business ethics at the Beard Institute in the Duquesne University Palumbo-Donahue School of Business.
• Mary Ann Rafoth was named dean of the School of Education and Social Sciences at Robert Morris University.
Canonsburg General Hospital appointed Dr. Carol Slomski to its medical staff. A board certified surgeon with a specialization in breast surgery, Slomski focuses on diseases of the breast, including malignant and benign breast cancer risk assessment and prevention. She joined Dr. Donald Keenan in the Canonsburg Center for Women's Health.
Dolores J. Lowery was named vice president of corporate affairs and community involvement for FirstEnergy Corp. and president of the FirstEnergy Foundation. She succeeds Mary Beth Carroll , who retired.
The National Aviary named Mike Marcus marketing manager and promoted Laura King to the newly created position of visitor services supervisor.
• John Harrocks joined the Tarentum office of R.A. Smith National as a survey technician.
• West Penn Testing Group named Albert R. Fletcher director of sales.
• Michael Baker Jr. Inc. appointed David W. McFayden senior vice president and managing director of international operations.
• Dan Freyer joined Jendoco Construction Corp. as project manager and mechanical coordinator.
Lea E. Anderson of Goehring, Rutter & Boehm served as a course leader of Penn State Law's "Collaborative Law Training: The Basics and More," sponsored in part by Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Anderson concentrates her family law practice in the methods of collaborative law.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers’ Pouncey investigated in alleged assault
- Senate leader Reid steers push to turn Nevada into renewable energy mecca
- Pirates’ McCutchen might be National League’s most cost-effective star
- Health care executives juggle dual responsibilities
- Despite challenges, ride-sharing operations flourish
- LaBar: Kurt Angle preparing for WWE return
- Sportsmen’s groups defend lead ammo use
- Passion defeat Sharks to advance to IWFA championship game
- PA Cyber Charter School announces plans for $5.7 million expansion
- Starkey: The oldest living Pirate
- Google emulates Microsoft with ‘Android everywhere’ effort