Mario Lemieux Foundation helps Austin's Playroom Project
And they say diamonds are a girl's best friend ... Thursday, and the beauty brigade was happy to be strung along during a luncheon at LeMont (generously underwritten by Anna and Ed Dunlap ) for Austin's Playroom Project, an initiative of the Mario Lemieux Foundation, where Orr's Jewelers was showing off the finest Mikimoto pearly whites and reminding us that temptation does indeed, come all wrapped up with a bow on it.
Our Asian-themed afternoon began as we air kissed our way through more than 240 of our nearest and dearest, including event chair Debbie Nute and chair Nathalie Lemieux with son, Austin (holding his own though outnumbered by the ladies 100 to 1... surely the envy of all his friends), who had been adorned with some souvenirs from the South Sea, little trinkets that were ours for the taking for a mere $40K and $60K.
"Mine are the cheap ones!" teased MLF director Nancy Angus as she showed off a gorgeous, $10K three-strand pearl bracelet.
Karin Girasek, Kathy Monti, Debbie Barbarita, Dee Dee Troutman and B.J. Leber were among those raising more than $85K to ensure that the young and the restless can enjoy a cheery oasis during their hospital experience whether as a visitor or patient.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Not to be left behind, speedy Steelers are on the fast track in NFL
- The IRS scandal: Do the Lois Lerner emails still exist?
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- In last preseason game, a final audition for some Steelers
- Jury deliberating sex assault charges against ice cream shop owner
- Penguins GM insists new coach Johnston was no afterthought
- Customers anxious for details about Highmark transition plan for W. Pa.
- McKeesport Area teacher fired amid sex scandal returns to school
- Jolie and Pitt officially tie the knot
- Starkey: Bucs still battlin’