Mario Lemieux Foundation helps Austin's Playroom Project
And they say diamonds are a girl's best friend ... Thursday, and the beauty brigade was happy to be strung along during a luncheon at LeMont (generously underwritten by Anna and Ed Dunlap ) for Austin's Playroom Project, an initiative of the Mario Lemieux Foundation, where Orr's Jewelers was showing off the finest Mikimoto pearly whites and reminding us that temptation does indeed, come all wrapped up with a bow on it.
Our Asian-themed afternoon began as we air kissed our way through more than 240 of our nearest and dearest, including event chair Debbie Nute and chair Nathalie Lemieux with son, Austin (holding his own though outnumbered by the ladies 100 to 1... surely the envy of all his friends), who had been adorned with some souvenirs from the South Sea, little trinkets that were ours for the taking for a mere $40K and $60K.
"Mine are the cheap ones!" teased MLF director Nancy Angus as she showed off a gorgeous, $10K three-strand pearl bracelet.
Karin Girasek, Kathy Monti, Debbie Barbarita, Dee Dee Troutman and B.J. Leber were among those raising more than $85K to ensure that the young and the restless can enjoy a cheery oasis during their hospital experience whether as a visitor or patient.
Playroom Project benefit luncheon held at LeMont Restaurant, Thursday, May, 20, 2010.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charges advance for men accused in police scuffle at Fort Ligonier Days
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Longtime Greensburg District Judge Albert will seek fifth term
- PPG submits offer for French sealants, adhesives business unit
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- McCallister’s 14 points lead Steel Valley past Thomas Jefferson
- Leader Times roundup: Kittanning boys take down Derry