Mario Lemieux Foundation helps Austin's Playroom Project
And they say diamonds are a girl's best friend ... Thursday, and the beauty brigade was happy to be strung along during a luncheon at LeMont (generously underwritten by Anna and Ed Dunlap ) for Austin's Playroom Project, an initiative of the Mario Lemieux Foundation, where Orr's Jewelers was showing off the finest Mikimoto pearly whites and reminding us that temptation does indeed, come all wrapped up with a bow on it.
Our Asian-themed afternoon began as we air kissed our way through more than 240 of our nearest and dearest, including event chair Debbie Nute and chair Nathalie Lemieux with son, Austin (holding his own though outnumbered by the ladies 100 to 1... surely the envy of all his friends), who had been adorned with some souvenirs from the South Sea, little trinkets that were ours for the taking for a mere $40K and $60K.
"Mine are the cheap ones!" teased MLF director Nancy Angus as she showed off a gorgeous, $10K three-strand pearl bracelet.
Karin Girasek, Kathy Monti, Debbie Barbarita, Dee Dee Troutman and B.J. Leber were among those raising more than $85K to ensure that the young and the restless can enjoy a cheery oasis during their hospital experience whether as a visitor or patient.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Confident rookie quarterback Manziel erratic early with Browns
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Business Gallery: July 27, 2014
- Local golf notebook: Fox Chapel graduate to play in Junior PGA event
- Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle, Huntington on same page
- U.S. coal exports undermine energy efforts, experts say