Mario Lemieux Foundation helps Austin's Playroom Project
And they say diamonds are a girl's best friend ... Thursday, and the beauty brigade was happy to be strung along during a luncheon at LeMont (generously underwritten by Anna and Ed Dunlap ) for Austin's Playroom Project, an initiative of the Mario Lemieux Foundation, where Orr's Jewelers was showing off the finest Mikimoto pearly whites and reminding us that temptation does indeed, come all wrapped up with a bow on it.
Our Asian-themed afternoon began as we air kissed our way through more than 240 of our nearest and dearest, including event chair Debbie Nute and chair Nathalie Lemieux with son, Austin (holding his own though outnumbered by the ladies 100 to 1... surely the envy of all his friends), who had been adorned with some souvenirs from the South Sea, little trinkets that were ours for the taking for a mere $40K and $60K.
"Mine are the cheap ones!" teased MLF director Nancy Angus as she showed off a gorgeous, $10K three-strand pearl bracelet.
Karin Girasek, Kathy Monti, Debbie Barbarita, Dee Dee Troutman and B.J. Leber were among those raising more than $85K to ensure that the young and the restless can enjoy a cheery oasis during their hospital experience whether as a visitor or patient.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- How to take good care of kitchen appliances
- Ex-etiquette: As kids age, consider change in visitation schedule
- Woodlands Foundation toasts FedEx Ground volunteers at Butterfly Ball
- Duquesne Light hires new operations vice president
- Sole Highlands HS twirler follows in grandmother’s footsteps
- Concept Art sale is big on local big-name artists
- Police say rifle carried by suspect in state trooper ambush found
- West Virginia notebook: Oklahoma run game proves too much
- 10 things to know about ‘Book of Mormon’