Pittsburgh Wine Festival held at Heinz Field
If you were wondering why your favorite watering hole was completely void of any barstoolers during happy hour on Thursday, then you needn't have looked any further than the line of people stretching halfway down the sidewalk of Heinz Field in anticipation of the Pittsburgh Wine Festival.
Rumor had it that the VIP tasting alone sold out in a matter of hours, thanks to a Groupon deal that was offered a few weeks prior to game time, leaving procrastinators scrambling to score a glass at the last minute.
Inside both the East and West Club Lounges, PWF prez Ed Harrell and General Manager Dale Markham were circulating among a crushing crowd of more than 2,200 that included PLCB chair PJ Stapleton, Engine House 25's resident wineologist Duane Rieder, Greta Rooney, Laura Gutnick, Georges Nony (visiting from Paree) and man du jour/former NFL coach Dick Vermeil, who was on hand to sign bottles of his own label, Vermeil Wines.
"The only time as a football coach I have come in here and can relax," he laughed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt’s Narduzzi names 4 captains
- Moon area pediatrician found dead in country club lake
- Trib Total Media puts 9 Western Pa. newspapers up for sale
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Penn State to face Idaho to open 2019 season
- Federal judge does not order removal of Ten Commandments monument from Connellsville school
- Moon teacher settles lawsuit against online university
- Nonprofit hospital titan UPMC’s income eclipses record
- Kane: Emails released not everything she wants to make public
- Heyl: Vick haters’ Facebook bark much worse than their protest’s bite