YMCA toasts wonder women
Talk about a mid-day rush; a mass of more than 700 swarmed into the Westin on Wednesday to raise a glass in honor of the YWCA's Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon and the seven dynamos being lauded for their outstanding contributions to our Three Rivers and beyond.
"I feel very unworthy, actually!" confessed Valerie Patrick as she joined her fellow honorees Janet Sarbaugh, Yvonne Cook, Claudette Lewis, Rona Nesbit, Bonnie VanKirk and Eva Tansky Blum, who was recognized with the Allerton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
"We're all friends so we've kinda been having fun with this," mused Bonnie.
Jill Sandilla, Jill Albrecht, Ted Pappas, Jackie Dixon, Christopher Hahn, Tracy Weigand and mistress of ceremonies Peggy Finnegan were just some of the familiar faces in a crowd that had every intention of returning to work later that afternoon. Given the gorgeous day that was tempting us outside, we give them credit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- In 2005, Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
- Torn thumb ligament puts Josh Harrison on DL
- Accident closes Route 22 in Murrysville
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- Pawlowski halts his U.S. Senate campaign
- McCandless mom suspected of drowning sons found competent to stand trial
- Militants launch deadly attacks against Muslims, Christians in Nigeria
- South Carolina Senate backs removing Confederate batte flag from Statehouse grounds
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Point Park University cutting 32 employees in reorganization