YMCA toasts wonder women
Talk about a mid-day rush; a mass of more than 700 swarmed into the Westin on Wednesday to raise a glass in honor of the YWCA's Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon and the seven dynamos being lauded for their outstanding contributions to our Three Rivers and beyond.
"I feel very unworthy, actually!" confessed Valerie Patrick as she joined her fellow honorees Janet Sarbaugh, Yvonne Cook, Claudette Lewis, Rona Nesbit, Bonnie VanKirk and Eva Tansky Blum, who was recognized with the Allerton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
"We're all friends so we've kinda been having fun with this," mused Bonnie.
Jill Sandilla, Jill Albrecht, Ted Pappas, Jackie Dixon, Christopher Hahn, Tracy Weigand and mistress of ceremonies Peggy Finnegan were just some of the familiar faces in a crowd that had every intention of returning to work later that afternoon. Given the gorgeous day that was tempting us outside, we give them credit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- Church to host hunter breakfast
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Mon Valley communities put spotlight on Christmas season
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back