YMCA toasts wonder women
Talk about a mid-day rush; a mass of more than 700 swarmed into the Westin on Wednesday to raise a glass in honor of the YWCA's Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon and the seven dynamos being lauded for their outstanding contributions to our Three Rivers and beyond.
"I feel very unworthy, actually!" confessed Valerie Patrick as she joined her fellow honorees Janet Sarbaugh, Yvonne Cook, Claudette Lewis, Rona Nesbit, Bonnie VanKirk and Eva Tansky Blum, who was recognized with the Allerton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
"We're all friends so we've kinda been having fun with this," mused Bonnie.
Jill Sandilla, Jill Albrecht, Ted Pappas, Jackie Dixon, Christopher Hahn, Tracy Weigand and mistress of ceremonies Peggy Finnegan were just some of the familiar faces in a crowd that had every intention of returning to work later that afternoon. Given the gorgeous day that was tempting us outside, we give them credit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Fleury’s demeanor helps keep Penguins loose, him playing his best
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Same cast, improved results for Pitt defense
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs
- How the Pirates put together another postseason contender
- Penguins make moves in advance of roster deadline