YMCA toasts wonder women
Talk about a mid-day rush; a mass of more than 700 swarmed into the Westin on Wednesday to raise a glass in honor of the YWCA's Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon and the seven dynamos being lauded for their outstanding contributions to our Three Rivers and beyond.
"I feel very unworthy, actually!" confessed Valerie Patrick as she joined her fellow honorees Janet Sarbaugh, Yvonne Cook, Claudette Lewis, Rona Nesbit, Bonnie VanKirk and Eva Tansky Blum, who was recognized with the Allerton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
"We're all friends so we've kinda been having fun with this," mused Bonnie.
Jill Sandilla, Jill Albrecht, Ted Pappas, Jackie Dixon, Christopher Hahn, Tracy Weigand and mistress of ceremonies Peggy Finnegan were just some of the familiar faces in a crowd that had every intention of returning to work later that afternoon. Given the gorgeous day that was tempting us outside, we give them credit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- WVa natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Islamic State group pushed out of Syria’s Kobani
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Drops in gasoline prices won’t likely last, analysts say
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident