YMCA toasts wonder women
Talk about a mid-day rush; a mass of more than 700 swarmed into the Westin on Wednesday to raise a glass in honor of the YWCA's Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon and the seven dynamos being lauded for their outstanding contributions to our Three Rivers and beyond.
"I feel very unworthy, actually!" confessed Valerie Patrick as she joined her fellow honorees Janet Sarbaugh, Yvonne Cook, Claudette Lewis, Rona Nesbit, Bonnie VanKirk and Eva Tansky Blum, who was recognized with the Allerton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
"We're all friends so we've kinda been having fun with this," mused Bonnie.
Jill Sandilla, Jill Albrecht, Ted Pappas, Jackie Dixon, Christopher Hahn, Tracy Weigand and mistress of ceremonies Peggy Finnegan were just some of the familiar faces in a crowd that had every intention of returning to work later that afternoon. Given the gorgeous day that was tempting us outside, we give them credit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Zappala impersonator rips off Butler County business, state police say
- Ferrante defense’s opening statement points to wife’s symptoms
- Student arrested at Shaler High School in roundup of Allegheny County drug dealers
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Shaler’s Schwartz earns WPIAL cross country 3-peat
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Woman taken into custody for fatal stabbing of male companion in Duquesne
- New movie studio coming to McKees Rocks
- Ex-judge in Philadelphia charged with bribery, conspiracy in sting case
- Route 22 lane in Derry Township blocked after crash
- Parkway West off-ramps at Carnegie to close beginning Friday night