YMCA toasts wonder women
Talk about a mid-day rush; a mass of more than 700 swarmed into the Westin on Wednesday to raise a glass in honor of the YWCA's Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon and the seven dynamos being lauded for their outstanding contributions to our Three Rivers and beyond.
"I feel very unworthy, actually!" confessed Valerie Patrick as she joined her fellow honorees Janet Sarbaugh, Yvonne Cook, Claudette Lewis, Rona Nesbit, Bonnie VanKirk and Eva Tansky Blum, who was recognized with the Allerton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
"We're all friends so we've kinda been having fun with this," mused Bonnie.
Jill Sandilla, Jill Albrecht, Ted Pappas, Jackie Dixon, Christopher Hahn, Tracy Weigand and mistress of ceremonies Peggy Finnegan were just some of the familiar faces in a crowd that had every intention of returning to work later that afternoon. Given the gorgeous day that was tempting us outside, we give them credit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Solarize Allegheny powers up with communities
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Architecture: Pittsburgh history in 10 houses
- Record golf ball collection drives Connellsville native
- Newsmaker: Tamika Duck
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Cooking Class: Grilled Escarole Salad at E2
- Road Trip! Destination: Cincinnati
- As plants grow and change shape, your home may be due for a landscape update
- Quick grilled chicken doesn’t skimp on flavor
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov