YMCA toasts wonder women
Talk about a mid-day rush; a mass of more than 700 swarmed into the Westin on Wednesday to raise a glass in honor of the YWCA's Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon and the seven dynamos being lauded for their outstanding contributions to our Three Rivers and beyond.
"I feel very unworthy, actually!" confessed Valerie Patrick as she joined her fellow honorees Janet Sarbaugh, Yvonne Cook, Claudette Lewis, Rona Nesbit, Bonnie VanKirk and Eva Tansky Blum, who was recognized with the Allerton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
"We're all friends so we've kinda been having fun with this," mused Bonnie.
Jill Sandilla, Jill Albrecht, Ted Pappas, Jackie Dixon, Christopher Hahn, Tracy Weigand and mistress of ceremonies Peggy Finnegan were just some of the familiar faces in a crowd that had every intention of returning to work later that afternoon. Given the gorgeous day that was tempting us outside, we give them credit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Health staffing company settles federal complaint it discriminated against HIV positive job applicant
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Researchers at Pa.’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins