Pittsburgh Whiskey and Fine Spirits Festival held at Heinz Field
A collective sigh of disappointment could be heard making its way through the East Club Lounge of Heinz Field on Friday, when the news started to spread like wildfire that the well at the Adult Chocolate Milk booth had officially run dry during the Pittsburgh Whiskey and Fine Spirits Festival.
"We're all out," commented Kevin Policz . "We went through a case of it."
Having done a body good for the majority of the 1,600 in this sell-out elbow-to-elbow-to-elbow crowd, focus shifted on sampling the remaining 249 liquors from around the world, although this year, it was the people watching that also stole the show, thanks to a brilliant move to stamp a "Mad Men" theme on the festivities. Harking back to 1961, it was a show-stopping display of skinny ties, pearls, and petticoats for this crowd, including vintage and custom-made pieces.
"Well, we're poor people and we bought a Groupon deal for the event, so we thought we'd invest the rest in looking awesome," laughed Brandon Bunn, who joined Dan Kyung in a top-hat-and-cane ensemble.
While the gents channeled their inner Don Draper, it was the ladies who really went all out, including Jill Glausier in a fabulous red Lilli Jean frock, the up-do of the evening courtesy of Monica Reisz, and the chic Jackie O of Rachel Carlson and Aja Jones.
Whiskey Master Ed Harrell and GM Dale Markham were seen circulating among a crowd that included Mark DeIntinis, Ken McCrory, Lee Silnutzer and Normal Silnutzer (two of the lucky 20 Golden Ticket-holders who got to sample a taste of the crystal decanter and 24-karat gold-stamped Remy Martin Louis XIII Grande Champagne Cognac), Joel Dinkel, Matt Mimnall, Jonathan Dean, Kristin Cherico, David Rusbarsky, Nate Phillips, Jake Phillips, Matt Morris and Jessica Mathews .
One hundred percent of the proceeds benefited the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Whiskey & Fine Spirits Festival
Rachel Carlson and Aja Jones during the Pittsburgh Whiskey and Fine Spirits Festival at Heinz Field on Friday, November 18, 2011.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- State Sen. Matt Smith resigning to become chamber president
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- Santorum officially joining GOP contenders for the White House
- Police seek leads on Shadyside bank robbery
- Gameday: Pirates at Padres, May 28, 2015
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Male suspect in custody from New Kensington shooting
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2