D's Six Pax & Dogz has plenty that's doggone good
The menu at D's Six Pax & Dogz offers so many doggone choices that tubular meat lovers may have a hard time choosing just one creative ingredient scheme.
First, diners have the choice of five different type of dogs: the Vienna all-beef dog and the veggie dog (both $3.99), the turkey dog ($4.99), and the locally made D's Brat (cheesy bratwurst) and Scorpion (a cheddar jalapeno kielbasa that stings the taste buds). Both are $4.99. Then, once customers choose the type of dog they want and opt for a poppyseed or whole wheat bun, they choose from an array of toppings. There is the Chicago -- D's top-seller -- with bright-green relish, onions, pickles, tomatoes, sport peppers, yellow mustard and a dash of celery salt.
D's, with locations in Regent Square and Monroeville, has several other unusual, signature dog creations, like the Mac 'n Cheese dog, the Bacon Cheddar dog, the Big Ben -- piled with fries, creamy cheddar and coleslaw -- and the new Chihuahua, a biting puppy that has earned many devotees with its avocado, shredded cheddar, salsa and jalapeno toppings.
But it's not just dogs you can get at D's, which also is known for its wide selection of beers, available to drink at the restaurant or to-go with six-packs. Patrons at the Regent Square location can enjoy socializing and watching sports on four TVs while they eat, and look at the funky art on the wall. That location also features a walk-in, self-serve beer cooler they call The Cave.
"It's just a fun place," says Dino DeFlavio, who owns D's with his wife, Cindy.
The menu also includes other casual fare, like wings -- in flavors including BBQ, General Tso's and Jamaican Jerk -- available for $6.95 for 10. D's also has many hoagies, salads, pizzas and burgers. The burgers can be had with many topping combinations on three different patties: 100 percent all-beef, grilled chicken or veggie (each $8.95). Vegetarians love D's, because the eatery offers so many vegetarian options with hot dogs and burgers, says Rene Agostinone, general manager at the Regent Square location.
Cindy and Dino DeFlavio opened the Regent Square D's in 1999 as mainly a bar, but they added menu items over time. They opened the Monroeville location in 2006.
"People told me you can never make a place work just by selling beer," Dino DeFlavio says.
Agostinone says that the clientele is "all over the place" -- young professionals, neighborhood residents, families with kids, and more.Additional Information:
D's Six Pax & Dogz
Location: 1118 S. Braddock Ave., Regent Square
Hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sundays through Wednesdays, and 11 a.m. to midnight Thursdays through Saturdays. The kitchen closes an hour earlier each night.
Details: 412-241-4666 or www.ds6pax.com
Another location at 4320 Northern Pike, Monroeville, has the same hours. Details: 412-856-5666.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Fifth Third Bank selling Pittsburgh branches to First National
- Alcoa putting $60M into Upper Burrell tech center expansion
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Morning delay: Banksville Road contractor failed to give notice of lane restriction
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit