Transplant surgeon joins Allegheny General staff
Allegheny General Hospital added a third transplant surgeon to join its growing transplant program, officials announced Thursday.
Dr. Akhtar S. Khan comes from the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, where he was director of the kidney and pancreas transplant program and assistant professor of surgery at Penn State College of Medicine since 2005.
Prior to that, he was an attending transplant surgeon at the University of Pittsburgh's Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute.
Khan will join the abdominal transplant surgical team of Drs. Ngoc Thai and Kusum Tom. The hospital has been a center for organ transplantation since 1987 and began performing liver transplants in November 2007.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gibonia’s Saad shows off Stanley Cup at 911th Airlift Wing
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Plum High School teacher held for court on charges of intimidation
- Appeals court clears way for class-action lawsuit against PNC
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Indiana County man dies when ATV strikes corn crib
- PPG puts brand 1st in strategy to reach commercial paint market
- Philadelphia U.S. Rep. Fattah indicted in racketeering case
- Heyl: Bicyclists get all the love in a city that still prefers 4 wheels
- Cuts at Range Resources include layoffs
- QV lacrosse standout Foster leaves her mark