Transplant surgeon joins Allegheny General staff
Allegheny General Hospital added a third transplant surgeon to join its growing transplant program, officials announced Thursday.
Dr. Akhtar S. Khan comes from the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, where he was director of the kidney and pancreas transplant program and assistant professor of surgery at Penn State College of Medicine since 2005.
Prior to that, he was an attending transplant surgeon at the University of Pittsburgh's Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute.
Khan will join the abdominal transplant surgical team of Drs. Ngoc Thai and Kusum Tom. The hospital has been a center for organ transplantation since 1987 and began performing liver transplants in November 2007.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Drivers survive head-on crash on Route 356 in Allegheny Township
- Woman charged for holding teen drinking party after video found at Penn-Trafford
- Student suicide brings issue of bullying to fore in New Kensington-Arnold
- SCI Greensburg: A dubious deal
- Pennsylvania House pushes liquor system privatization bill through
- Harrison mom, boyfriend charged in abuse of young boys