'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Many Penguins free agents expected to depart
- More witness intimidation charges filed against Plum teacher
- Scaife trustees seek dismissal of siblings’ lawsuit
- Suspected allies of beach gunman arrested in Tunisia
- Shady Side Academy graduate Harchelroad excels in 3 sports
- Kuwait mosque bomber slipped security watch in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain
- Deer reporting failures spark debate for Pa. Game Commission
- Scouts think Penguins could regain luster with minor tinkering
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Penguins re-sign defenseman Cole to 3-year deal
- High school notebook: Hempfield softball star Ryan commits to Notre Dame