'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- Church to host hunter breakfast
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Mon Valley communities put spotlight on Christmas season
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back