'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Body found beneath Tarentum Bridge is jumper
- Pitt suspends cornerback Howard
- Steelers extend Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- With Spaling locked up, Penguins turn attention to signing Sutter
- Driver describes fireworks-spooked horse that struck SUV near fairgrounds
- Police target 17 in Mon Valley drug investigation
- 2 cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Saturday’s scouting report: Pirates at Diamondbacks
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense