'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Franklin Regional runs past Hampton
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Opposing TEs took differing paths to greatness
- Knoch gets big boost from QB’s return in win over Hollidaysburg
- Penn-Trafford QB Laffoon sets career TD pass mark in rout of Hempfield
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Arizona, Texas university shootings kill 2