'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense takes aim at Ravens QB Flacco
- Coastal Division lead within reach for Panthers
- NFL notebook: Cowboys’ Witten intervenes in practice flare-up
- Penn State renews ‘rivalry’ with Big Ten foe Maryland
- NHL notebook: Leafs’ Lupul out with broken hand
- Seneca Valley girls defend WPIAL Class AAA soccer title
- Iraqi peshmerga troops join Kobani fight
- Combat veterans to speak at Robert Morris fundraiser
- U.S. Department of Agriculture mismanaged rural program, federal audit shows
- Medicare paid for drug coverage of patients who had died, investigators say
- Quarantine lifted, Maine nurse given right to roam