'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pittsburgh hires police chief; announcement coming Tuesday afternoon
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Cardinal Wuerl school opens with 286 students
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- On-off ramps on southbound Interstate 79 from Carnegie slated for two-day closure