'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Discipline Pitt’s only option against Georgia Tech