'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Less sleep increases your chance of catching a cold, researchers say
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Starkey: The kick returner and the grizzly bear
- Pitt defense is entering new season with something to prove
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Risks don’t get any better as online dating prospers
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Some White Oak students arrive home an hour late
- Advanced hunter education has trouble staying course