'Upcycling' event set in Strip District
An effort to "upcycle" a wide variety of goods from architects and designers will take place Saturday in the Strip District.
ZeroLandfill, a group aimed at finding use for goods from three-ring binders to glass, tile, shingles, stone and carpet, will stage the event at Guardian Self-Storage, 2939 Liberty Ave. The group defines "upcycling" as putting to better use material that otherwise might go to waste. It expects to have 7,000 pounds of items at the storage site.
From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, people looking for material can pick up items. Those planning to attend are reminded to bring bags or boxes to carry material.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut by Pirates
- Rolling Stones roll into Heinz Field June 20
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Worker trapped in trench collapse in Butler County is freed
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Pittsburgh region’s unemployment rate stays steady