It's official: Gardocki out, Sepulveda in
The Steelers have released punter Chris Gardocki.
That move does not come as a surprise since the Steelers traded up in the fourth round of last month's NFL Draft to take punter Daniel Sepulveda.
Sepulveda won the Ray Guy Award, which is given to the top punter in Division I-A college football, twice while at Baylor.
Gardocki, a 16-year veteran, had been the Steelers' punter since 2004. His release leaves just Sepulveda and Mike Barr as the only punters on the Steelers' roster.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police plan homicide charge for cop-killing suspect
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Man surrenders after standoff in Middle Hill
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life
- Steelers find success vs. NFC