It's official: Gardocki out, Sepulveda in
The Steelers have released punter Chris Gardocki.
That move does not come as a surprise since the Steelers traded up in the fourth round of last month's NFL Draft to take punter Daniel Sepulveda.
Sepulveda won the Ray Guy Award, which is given to the top punter in Division I-A college football, twice while at Baylor.
Gardocki, a 16-year veteran, had been the Steelers' punter since 2004. His release leaves just Sepulveda and Mike Barr as the only punters on the Steelers' roster.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State rallies past Akron behind Newbill’s 26 points
- Protest in Cleveland over 12-year-old’s shooting death chokes off traffic
- Mo. governor adds guardsmen as protests continue
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ isn’t about bosses at all
- Trusted, beloved stars lose luster amid allegations of bad behavior
- Ferguson protesters march on Pittsburgh streets
- An easy way to have fresh cookies any time
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- In IRS ‘rife with scandal,’ staff to receive bonuses