Aliquippa's Baldwin picked for All-American Bowl
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Aliquippa receiver Jonathan Baldwin has accepted an invitation to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Jan. 5 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
The game, which features the nation's top 80 players in an East vs. West format, will be televised live on NBC.
"I was kind of shocked I was playing in it," Baldwin said. "That's big. I wasn't expecting it."
The 6-foot-6, 220-pound Baldwin is ranked the nation's No. 2 tight end and No. 28 prospect overall by Rivals.com, and the No. 13 receiver and No. 76 prospect overall by Scout.com. Baldwin has narrowed his college choices to Alabama, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame and Pitt.
Baldwin is the third WPIAL player from the Class of 2008 to be selected for the All-American Bowl, joining Jeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor and Gateway linebacker Shayne Hale.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- W.V. entrepreneurs offer hope as coal fades as economic engine
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Ex-recreation director settles age discrimination lawsuit against Pittsburgh
- Field conditions could play factor for Clairton in PIAA quarterfinals
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun
- Mentor takes young Brackenridge hunter under his wing
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage