Steelers cut Bloom, place Sepulveda on IR
The Steelers made four roster moves today, placing injured punter Daniel Sepulveda on the injured/reserve list while releasing three players.
The team cut wide receiver/return specialist Jeremy Bloom as well as quarterback Mike Potts and defensive lineman Martavius Prince.
The Steelers need to cut one more player by 4 p.m. Tuesday to get the NFL roster limit of 75.
The Steelers currently have 77 players on their roster. Wide receiver Marvin Allen doesn't count against their roster number since he will be on the practice squad this season as part of the NFL's international player development program.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Michigan State takes bumpy road to finale against Penn State
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- House fire displaces family of 6 in Somerset County
- Palestinian artist who appealed blasphemy sentence of 800 lashes, prison sentenced to execution
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- Knoch girls seek dividends of experience