Steelers cut Bloom, place Sepulveda on IR
The Steelers made four roster moves today, placing injured punter Daniel Sepulveda on the injured/reserve list while releasing three players.
The team cut wide receiver/return specialist Jeremy Bloom as well as quarterback Mike Potts and defensive lineman Martavius Prince.
The Steelers need to cut one more player by 4 p.m. Tuesday to get the NFL roster limit of 75.
The Steelers currently have 77 players on their roster. Wide receiver Marvin Allen doesn't count against their roster number since he will be on the practice squad this season as part of the NFL's international player development program.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension
- Quaker Valley grad chips in for Penn State baseball, named summer league all-star
- Pirates notebook: Melancon bails out Watson with extended outing
- Plum High School teacher held for court on charges of intimidation