Penn State quarterback situation unresolved
College Football Videos
Penn State's quarterback situation remains unresolved publicly, with Darryl Clark or Pat Devlin listed as first team according to a depth chart released Monday in anticipation of the season-opening game with Coastal Carolina Saturday.
In other depth chart items of interest, the starting linebackers will be Tyrell Sales and Bani Gbadyu on the outside and Josh Hull on the inside. Evan Royster is the first-team tailback and Mickey Shuler, the first-team tight end.
Tony Davis is the starter at right cornerback and Lydell Sargeant and A.J. Wallace are listed with in an "or" situation at left corner.
Also, reserve safety Nick Sukay (Greensburg Central Catholic) has had surgery on his right foot for sesmoiditis and faces a rehabilitation period of at least three months, according to team doctor Wayne Sebastianelli.
Sukay, who had redshirted as a freshman last season, had been hampered by a stress fracture of his right foot since the spring practice and continued to be bothered by the foot in preseason camp. He also broke his right thumb in preseason camp.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- State Supreme Court: Highmark Medicare Advantage members to retain in-network access to UPMC
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Cheyney University’s accreditation in jeopardy because of financial woes
- Lane restrictions announced for portion of Route 28
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Pedestrian struck on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate this season
- Regoli won’t seek recount in Westmoreland County judge election