Schenley student missing since Friday
Pittsburgh police are looking for a Schenley High School senior who hasn't been seen or heard from since Friday.
Joseph Harris, 17, of Sheraden, was last seen Downtown boarding a Port Authority bus bound for Brighton Heights, where he told friends he was going to meet a man named "G," city police Lt. Kevin Kraus said.
Harris friends and relatives told investigators they don't know who "G" is or why Harris was headed to meet him. Harris' cell phone has been turned off since friends saw him boarding the bus at 9 p.m. Friday, Kraus said.
"This is a kid who by all accounts is responsible and punctual and keeps in touch with his family," Kraus said. "He isn't a kid who was in any trouble or showed any signs or hints of trouble. We don't know who 'G' is but we don't have any indication that Joseph Harris was headed to meet someone for illegal reasons."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Quiz Bowl at Penn State Fayette gets students’ competitive juices flowing
- Holiday movie gives Cal U students get 2 seconds of fame