Holmes, Roethlisberger to Disney World
TribLIVE Sports Videos
TAMPA — Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes and winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will attend festivities today at Disney World in Orlando, Fla., as part of performing the famous "I'm going to Disney World" commercials."
Normally the MVP does the commercial alone, but Roethlisberger, who tossed the game-winning 6-yard touchdown pass to Holmes with 35 seconds remaining in the Steelers' thrilling 27-23 win Sunday night at Raymond James Stadium, will join Holmes at today's parade. The two also will participate in other activities at the popular theme park.
The commercial features selected players shouting the phrase "I'm going to Disney World" while celebrating the team's victory on the field immediately after the game.
Super Bowl XL Hines Ward and teammate Jerome Bettis shared the Disney World commercial after the Steelers defeated the Seattle Seahawks, 21-10.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Intruder in Carrick makes off with cash, weapon
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Annual Holiday Parade to celebrate all things Pittsburgh
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in North Point Breeze
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell