2 hospitalized after Pine shooting, standoff
Two people were hospitalized with gunshot wounds Sunday after a domestic incident in a quiet Pine neighborhood escalated into a three-hour standoff with police.
Northern Regional police Chief Bob Amann said Lynne Agnew apparently shot her ex-husband, Daniel K. Agnew, multiple times before locking herself inside a home in the 500 block of Salem Heights Drive around 5:40 p.m. Sunday. Agnew, a licensed surgeon, was found lying in a neighbor's yard.
A spokesman for Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side said Daniel Agnew was being treated there last night. A condition report was not available.
Lynne Agnew, a photographer who Amann said lives in Shadyside, surrendered to police after they entered her home about three hours after the shooting. Allegheny County SWAT teams and police blocked off Salem Heights Drive and at times communicated with Lynne Agnew over a bullhorn.
Lynne Agnew suffered a gunshot wound to the chest and was taken to a local hospital, Amann said. Amann, who did not know her condition, said police did not whether the wound was self-inflicted.
The Agnews have two children, who Amann said were not inside the home at the time of the shooting. Amann said domestic incidents had been reported at the house in the past. He said a weapon was taken from the home, but would not release further details.
Dana McClure, who lives a few houses away from the Agnews, was surprised by the shooting.
"It's a nice neighborhood," she said. "You never see police come in here. It's usually a pretty quiet place."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jefferson Hospital doctor serves as panelist for mental health legislation
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Belle Vernon man faces drug charges
- Urban new leader at Jefferson
- Pirates notebook: Cole to make rehab start at Indianapolis on Monday
- Roundup: Citizens bank parent says 6-month profit doubles; Former Heinz CEO leaving EDMC board; more
- Fashion FYI: Andy Warhol Museum hosting a Style Social
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Car dealers find silver lining in cloud of vehicle recalls