Hookstown man dies in Beaver County crash
A Hookstown man died when his vehicle hit a tree in Beaver County early this morning.
State police said John Zakutney, 22, was driving on Route 168 in Hanover Township when he lost control of his Toyota Scion.
Zakutney first drove off the road, and then drove back across both lanes before going off the road again and hitting a tree about 3:40 a.m., police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The road reopened about 6:30 a.m., police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- University of Pittsburgh researchers revisit war of electric currents
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Re-enactor commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin