National Adoption Day held at Allegheny Courthouse
Forty-four children have new parents after National Adoption Day at the Allegheny County Courthouse.
National Adoption Day is held each year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, Courts, when communities across country open their doors to finalize the adoptions of thousands of children in foster care and celebrate all families who adopt them.
"There are so many smiling faces here. This is really a day of joy. Family Court and what goes on here is very often sad and painful," said Marc Cherna, director Allegheny County Department of Human Services, which helps organize the event.
The celebration took place at the Allegheny County Family Law Center, where families and their guests were entertained by balloon artists, a ventriloquist, and a magician. Ronald McDonald and Eat'n Park Smiley also joined in the festivities. Food and drink were provided.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- 7 percent in Allegheny County able to carry concealed gun
- No. 11 Purdue presents tall order for Pitt
- Steelers notebook: Bryant confident in backup Jones if Big Ben can’t play